Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D hi to all,

new here, purchased my first navara only 4 weeks ago. it is a d22 on a 03 plate with 41k on the clock. it is to be a multi purpose navara aiding me in my job & also pleasure.

I with my family (wife & 2 kids) have just come back from Ilfracombe whereby i took the navara for a run to see how it performed. I got on good & even enjoyed driving it round some of the tight lanes. There are quite a few navaras knocking around that way (plenty parked on the habour).

I am really pleased with this motor & at times can't believe its power, not being used to the navaras roar from the engine when you put your foot down i actually though something was wrong with it.

look forward to talking with other owners bye 4 now rich :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi Rich,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for taking the trouble to join.

Glad to hear you are so pleased with your Navara, you are now amongst like minded people :wink:

I think the 'roar' that you are referring to is probably the viscous fan, and you are quite right, the noise is normal.

We'll have to hope that some of those owners in Ilfracombe find our little 'club' here - we need as many members as possible to increase our knowledge base.

Hope you enjoy it here, have fun,

Ezz.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Rich, glad you're enjoying it........... we have loads of good roads here in North Wales too :D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, its just nice to find a forum whereby you actually get replies to your posts. I hope many more join!!! Thanks for the advice re the roaring noise whilst on this subject perhaps you could advise on another noise as to whether this is the norm. When i first start the navara in a morning i can hear like a tapping noise it doesn't affect the drive or performance at all & once warmed up it disappears. Does this sound normal or do i need to get it checked out??? regards rich :?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi again Rich,

I can't be 100% without hearing it of course, but it is normal for Direct Injection diesel's to be noisier when cold - I used to have a brand new Nissan Almera Sport+ 2.2TD, it sounded exactly like a chainsaw for the first 10 mins or so each morning.

Ezz

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that, i'm sure it must just be when it is cold as i would have thought it would have played up in other ways if something was wrong mechanically it does last for about 5 mins or so after which time it has gone completley. It has been well looked after & has full service history so i couldn't forsee it being anything major but i was just interested to know if other navara owners experienced this at all. In fairness a navara drove past me on the habour & it did sound the same but you know what its like when you have something different to what youre used to you panic at every little noise. The guys at the garage who did the recall work did say everything was fine but i hadn't mentioned this noise to them then. i'm such a worrier!!!!!!! regards rich....... :roll:

·
Registered
481 Posts
No probs at all Rich.

If you want to be totally sure, you could book it in to be listened to, but of course it would mean an overnight stay for your Nav as the techs would have to listen to her from cold.

I honestly wouldn't bother - usually an abnormal noise will get worse before something happens, I'm confident it will just be the old DI 'downside'.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, got a '04 d22 recently, put 2300m on the clock and would hear the clacking sound on de-acceleration, it kinda bugged me but told its ok, well since then issues began, found ball bearings with sealent gamming my water inlet to the oil cooler. If the seller only told me! Some people... Anyways got it doing about 100m and the clacking sound still there, all seemed normaly, today, the clacking sound turned into a tumping on acceleration, park it up at the moment, the sounds seems to be from the engine and amplifies on acceleration! Any ideas for my first post, miss the truck, its a YD25DDTi, engine rebuild about 80k ago.

Thanks,
kj3w

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi, the tapping sound on cold start up is probably your drive belts (power steering, fan belt etc). Before you start up next time pour a cup of hot/warm water over them then start up. I bet for a few minutes the noise goes away :thumbright:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.