Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have recently bought a Navara King Cab for a daily car / to put the motorbike in the back of. after viewing one in Birmingham and expecting it to be ok ( it was a shed ) I bought one from just outside of London. Pick it up on Saturday.

Here is a picture of it

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New Parts !!!!

Office supplies Automotive exterior Font Electric blue Auto part

Well this wasnt supposed to happen, the truck had squeeking shock bushes and I dont how old they are. Having looked around there were cheaper options and I did consider Terrafirma shocks, however I couldnt find much information on them and on other forums they rave about the Bilstein shocks, they obviously werent the cheapest but I am hoping they are as good as everyone says they are.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here it is with its new tyres fitted

I went with 265/70/17 BFG K02 part worns to try them out. so far so good

Tire Wheel Cloud Car Sky

I have also fitted some auxillary lights, they just come on with the full beam and I have used a step up transformer to run them at 24V. the step up happens after the relay.

Tire Sky Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the shock bush has definately expired, could of just replaced the bush but new shiney things were calling out to me.

Automotive tire Plant Sculpture Wood Trunk

I fitted the Bilsteins on the second groove up so the 0.5" lift position, the rebound seems fairly aggressive now, could it be that the truck has some HD springs on it ? the springs didnt seem to have any branding on them but some reading seems to suggest that this is the type of rebound behavious you get with the spring cup on the 2" lift setting ? also the truck before the shocks seemed fairly level anyway

I will get it on some flat ground I think and measure the floor to arch height, i need to get the truck on level ground any way as i have the following to fit to the rear end ow

• Poly leaf spring bushes
  • New diff oil
  • Bilstein Rear shocks
  • extended diff breather

1 - 6 of 6 Posts