Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wink: Cheers to all.
Just registered on this forum.
Picked up my brand new ST-X (Australia) D40, colour Opal Blue, on friday 27th Oct. and used it over the weekend. TD 6sp manual.
Both my wife and I are 55 y.o. and have bought the new NAVARA after selling privately our 3L TD Patrol. We have it in mind to hitch up our caravan and tour this huge country of ours in about 12 months time.
Great to be here, will check the forum daily.

True Blue.

·
Registered
221 Posts
ow ya goin true blue.
lots of good info and plenty of help here if ya need it.
Mate these trucks are great for touring.
Took the caravan, boat on the racks and wife and kids to 1770/Agnes water last June and just came back from a week end up at Fraser Island :D
The suspension and accessory places are just coming out with a lot of after market stuff.
Check out the American forum to http://www.clubfrontier.org/index.php?
so welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome Dude,

I am glad to hear someone has got there rig, did you have to wait long? I am still waiting from the end of May for my rig. last I heard december, january.

Good to see another Aussie jump on board.

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New Member made wecome.

Thank you for the best wishes people. Good to be on board.

"Welcome Dude" D40dude - Your question about how long I had to wait for the vehicle, well hear goes ......

Ordered the vehicle on the 24/8/06 and told it would take 2 - 3 months
or possibly sometime after xmas. I was waiting patiently until I noticed an advertisement in a Melbourne paper that showed another Melb. dealer having precisely the vehicle, model, engine, trans and colour that I wanted, just sitting there in their car yard. I rang that dealer and they said yes we still have this car which had been sitting around for some 3 weeks.
I said I am going to cancel my order with my local dealer (there is an exit clause on the contract which states you can cancel if the dealer cannot supply you with a vehicle in 14 days) and go to the new dealer who had the car. At this stage I couldn't believe that the Nissan stock controlling people in Melbourne would send a vehicle that matched my order requirements to a dealer that did not have an order and in doing so completely ignoring my standing order with the other dealer. I did ask whether they could transfer the vehicle to my local dealer and they said no.
So (are you still with me?), I go to my local dealer and inform them of my desire to cancel the order. They are taken back somewhat and start pressing a few keys on their computer and lo and behold the screen shows that the vessel transporting my vehicle from Spain is due in the very same day.
Sure enough, it arrived, and I was driving it around within 7 days.
At the time of writing this I have only done some 200+ ks, but already I love it. Very, very happy with it's performance (diesel) and has the best cruise control I have ever owned.

Thanks again everyone.

Cheers! True Blue.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah I hate the dealer's.....Every one had a different answer....everything from there wasn't any in the whole country for 4 mths to yeah we have 3 on the lot for sale.....pays to ring around.
The cruise control is great....very easy to use.....my wife has a new corolla with the Toyota cruise.....and it is a pain in the a$$ to use.

G

·
Hi TRUE BLUE,fine choice of colours as I have exactly same as you,I have had mine since January and just clocked up 20,000kms.
The navara is my first 4by and love it.

Didnt have any dramas as you though,went down to Adelaide for one day,saw it in the show room,test drove it and took it home 6 days later. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Bloody Aussies :roll:

Ay well, i'm off to the second day of the test match to see Punter make 200 and declare at 500+ and see Warnie bowl a flipper the second last ball of the day to see the poms at 4 for 67 and strugling :D :D :D

Damo

How good is cricket !

·
Registered
279 Posts
welcome True Blue, another from down under this site is proving popular with you guys.
anyhow hope you find the site useful

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.