Nissan-Navara.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New member with D40

928 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Brian the Snail 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. Great to see we finally have our own dedicated Navara forum. I've had my 55 plate D40 Aventura manual exactly twelve months now and covered 23,000 miles . No real gripes with mine, apart from a non recoiling drivers seat belt and a problem with the central locking. The vehicle makes a few funny wheezing noises (air con I think ) and 'pinking' type noises, (normal I'm told by my dealer) but apart from that I love the truck. A friend has two D40's which have been disasters for him. Replaced axles, burnt out clutches, front end knocks. Dealer told me that his were probably built on a Friday afternoon ..... seriously ! My rear springs seeem to be slightly inverted I have noticed , but dealer says its the weight of the Hard top. Anyone else any opinions on that ? Clutch, well I've always felt that all ain't quite right, particularly when towing. Have to rev and ride a lot when pulling away. Thought it was burning out when trying to reverse trailer in flat car park. Having said that it hasn't let me down yet :wink:

BK

#3 ·
hi and welcome, my seatbelt has developed the non return fault :(

#7 ·
Big Kahuna said:
Hi Brian

Mine has been in twice now to sort it out. Last time they put plastic anti- stick shims where the belt runs through the pillar guides where dirt builds up. They don't work :roll:
I had this fault with a merc Vito also, and the Merc Dealer blamed the colder weather :lol:

Didn't they install a new seat belt return mechanism ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.