Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 navara 2.5 4x4 diesel manual
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy’s,
I bought my Navara brand new in 2007 and use mainly do daily commuting and the odd adventure on occasion. Mileage is fairly low as I started using the Gautrain and my bike from around 2011, it has recently reached 200000 km’s and it has been trouble free with only a clutch issue when it was new which was replaced under warranty besides that zero problems. I installed a unichip a few years back and recently installed a drive which I must say works well.

Nice to meet you all
Walter

·
Administrator
14,275 Posts
Hi Walter, welcome.

Quite unusual for an early D40, I would expect to have replaced a few things by then (suction control valve, boost control solenoid, alternator pulley)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Walter, welcome.

Quite unusual for an early D40, I would expect to have replaced a few things by then (suction control valve, boost control solenoid, alternator pulley)
Yip been really lucky I guess but one of the reasons for me joining the forum so that I can get an idea of the types of issues to expect. For interest sake what are the symptoms for the suction control valve and boost control solenoid failing? The alternator pulley I guess I will hear once it starts failing

·
Administrator
14,275 Posts
Alternator pulley - correct
SCV - stalling at traffic lights
BCS - loads of smoke and no power

Front wheel bearings can fail at from about 120k Kms, first sign is roughness on corners.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alternator pulley - correct
SCV - stalling at traffic lights
BCS - loads of smoke and no power

Front wheel bearings can fail at from about 120k Kms, first sign is roughness on corners.
Thanks for the info

·
Administrator
4,747 Posts
Welcome on board 200k and never had any problems? Sounds like it's been well looked after.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome on board 200k and never had any problems? Sounds like it's been well looked after.
Thanks, I try to look after it as best as possible as I do not replace vehicles often and I am fortunate with this one of been able to keep the mileage low. I did have to change the neutral switch a couple of years ago which affected my cruise control and I use it a lot but other than that it’s been good. And recently it’s started smoking a bit (black smoke) but power still there so want to try trouble shoot that, last service where they also do a dyno run it was up on power so I think it might be over boosting, got my obd back yesterday so will have a look this week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts