Nissan-Navara.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just found this site today. Hi everyone. Had my d22 for nearly two years now, use it mainly for my business as it spends many hours towing and off road, getting the use that it should do, not on the school run! Only been semi stuck once, that was up in Thrumster near Wick, got the front wheels stuck in a peat bog, but quick change down to low and rocking back and forth managed to get out ok. Truck has been all over the country, just added a photo on the pics of it down in Linton and Linmouth early on this year after cruising up Porlock hill in 3rd gear!!!!!!!
The King cab has been one of the best, if not the best vehicle I have had for all round practicality, it tows my trailers and Caravan (yes I have a caravan although it used for site living when on a project) around the country with ease, I can fill the back with all the equipment I need and it returns decent economy. Only down side is, I have two labradors and they get a bit squashed in the back of the cab when we are on a long journey.
Some area's that I have been working off road have included - the peat bog in Wick, a semi dried up lake bed in Wales, 600ft up a hillside near Aberystwyth, towed the caravan up no problem, wet sludgy track in Devon, and 12 mile off road bog track on the Pennines near Alston, this was probably the most demanding, carrying 1/2 tonne of batterys and equipment. The track was waterlogged and although the bottom scraped out a couple of times with the undergrowth, not once did I feel that it was loosing grip.
I have a choice now, whether to buy a new one, by a newer d22 (mine is 03 plate) or put some bg goodrich rubber on, replacing the stadard "dueller" which have proved more than adequate.
Good luck to the site and look forward to hearing from fellow navara drivers. If you see me on the road (you can't mistake the truck) give us a honk
Errol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi Errol

Welcome..I have a 53 D22 with BF At's on and they do make a difference.

Might 'bump' into you sometime as I too get to drive over the moors etc from Hexamshire to Alston and Teesdale and over the Cheviots / Kielder forest etc.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Alright Errol,
Stick with the D22 I cant think of anything more practical, AT's really help too, I've done miles of hill tracks an offroad with mine an it allways wonts to go that bit further, as my signature says 'you cant beat the D22'! see!

Well Welcome,

Thomas

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Thomas
I must admit, I have been very impressed with the d22, both on road and off. The lively rear end keeps one on ones toes, especially with a heavy right foot, but I like to play a lot! I think from the response and feeling that I am getting is that I would be better off sticking with the d22 (or even a later version) with some gold old bf goodrich rubber.
I am off down to Aberystwyth in the morning, going down the back roads, well they only have back roads for direct routes, done this trip several times over the past 6 months, the roads are very curvacious if you get my drift, and the Navara has never missed a beat. This followed by a trip up a 600ft hillside (work) then a trip back almost straight away is the major factor that I like about it. you can use it for a good long drive, then go off roading, then come home again without getting out of the truck basically.
anyway thanks for that
Errol

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Couldent agree more, I can drive like hell on all kinds of roads (I seem to have one hell of a heavy right foot!) and find a way through just about any thing offroad, although I did bend a side step yesterday!
You might be interested that you can still buy brand new D22's in this country, I dont no how to make a link but if you visit the nissan web site they just call it 'Pickup' in the list of vehicles, I just sent away for their brochure.
I was born in Aberystwyth :) and I like the curvacious :D

Thomas.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Used to pass through oban a lot in the late 80's early 90's on the way to the Uists, lived up there for 3 years, now that is a place to go off roading!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Aye, you could plenty off rock crawling out on the hebrdies!

I have only been on the west for a we while, but ther are loads of off-road oppertunities, I had great fun las weekend crawling arround on a rocky beach when the tide was down, specialy as the rocks were all lubed up with slime! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.