Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8) 8)

hi just bought a 56 D40 pukka motor.
but having trouble parking.do nissan sell reversing sensors and does anyone know how much + are they any good? or shall i look for some after market one?

smithy.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi Smithy, and welcome.

Nissan do reverse park kits, but to be honest, I would consider aftermarket too - I have come across some pretty good sets recently at really cheap prices - best bet is have a look around Ebay and choose some that have been getting good feedback.

This said, some of our D40 owners may know of a reason why the cheap ones could be no good on the particular vehicle?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
smithy again

thanks chaps glad ive joined already,
just been reading about the bluetooth kit.
gonna give it a try tommorrow.

·
Registered
279 Posts
welcome smithy,

hope you are enjoying life with the navara. i would go for the camara every time. i have a mate who is looking into riging it up to the screen in dash.
will keep folk informed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi ****
I bought the reversing sensors from Nissan. IIRC they were about £250 fitted. TBH they are not worth a w*nk . The noise it makes seems to have no correlation whatsoever as to what is behind you and how close/far it is from the vehicle.

I would certainly look at aftermarket or the camera option.

I am hoping that someone will work out how to buy the bits from the Pathfinder Aventura and integrate it into the screen already on the Aventura Navara.

HTH
Andy :)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
To go with the reversing camera in my previous post i went to Stoke-on-Trent yesterday afternoon and purchased thishttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-5-In-Dash-2...6737026QQihZ004QQcategoryZ67772QQcmdZViewItem

i've set it up temporary tonight and its a cracking bit of kit the picture and sound (i'm only using standard nissan speaker) are brilliant infact i would highly reccomend this seller as he took the time to show me through all the functions before in purchased

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not sure what make it is but it's the integral sat nav screen (like they have in the Pathfinder Aventura).

The Pathfinder Aventura has a reversing camera which works throught the screen as well as some other cool touches that don't feature on the Navara.

These include a nearside wing mirror that automatically points downwards when you select reverse gear (so you don't kerb your wheels when reversing).

Obviously the screen displays a wide angle image of the rear of the vehicle when reverse is selected.

The Pathfinder also has Xenon headlights, independent coil suspension and discs all round.

This is because it's an SUV and doesn't have the load carrying capacity of the Navara.

I am still trying to find out how many, if any, of the above features could be added to the Navara.

:D Andy

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
i had the original ones fitted and to be honest they were a joke, two bits of plastic fixed to the bottom of the rear bumper, Cost £ 250 and lasted under a month before they fell off :(

I then installed after market ones and drilled holes in the rear bumper.

I do alot of towing ( speed boat ) and i wish i had a rear camera.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reversing sensor

Hi,

I have aftermarket reversing sensors on mine which were fitted by the dealer prior to receiving my Navara. They are a reasonable addition, just two sensors drilled and fitted into the rear bumper, work from about 1.5m, pretty accurate. Sometimes they go a bit screwy when dirty, but you would expect that any ways.

Saved my bacon a couple of times (well towbar anyway!)

Cheers.

Martin

·
Registered
279 Posts
things like the mirror and stuff like that should bolt straight on especially the camera as these cars are made on the same production line. so if you can get a camera for the pathfinder aventura it should fit the navara aventura.
the mirror will be the easyest one these things normally work off the reversing light, when it is on they do there thing. i am currently looking at the window switches, if i am right the switch it's self has the one shot mech in it so i will relace all the other window switches and they will all have one shot :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
has the Pathfinder the same Software DVD ? Loaded.

It would be great if we can get this Reverse camera Mod sorted :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
navara reversing camera

hi new here, i also have a d40 aventura and would really like the camera mod, i have asked the dealer but they were unhelpfull,and i have asked a car audio shop to find out too, apparently you input in through the dvd and usually have a couple of spare av's for the screen.

I wiil post up ny info i find. i am also told the almera has the same system.

Regards

Ellis

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.