Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I said I would report on the new uprated D23 .

When I had one of the first NP300s , many things niggled me having had a facelift D40 previously . So yesterday picked up the new D23 what a step forward it is ,things that are not obvious on the surface have also got the treatment.

Most obvious of first driving , The engine is more responsive and a lot quieter. The new manual gearbox is so,so much better . It is slick and no vagueness helped by it now being cable shift so no vibration from the box itself. Now the real thing that has changed Top cog is about 25% longer than where it was (its even longer than the auto box ) whereas before at 60mph you were pulling 2,000 RPM now this figure gives you 75MPH and 5th gear is where 6th used to be. Just need to get used to the different driving needed.6th gear will not get used much in town its really for the open road. Just a note reverse is in the opposite corner to where it was. For what its worth in mixed driving the computer has it at 39mpg and a run up the A1 was 45mpg.

The new brake set up seems good , they have never been bad but stopping is smoother and after about 400 miles no sign of any brake dust at all!!!! Ride quality is just as good as before even though it has beefed up springs and shocks and certainly its less likey to send you stargazing with a load in the back.

Inside is pretty much the same apart from the new connect unit . One of my biggest regrets when I lost the D40 was the lack of voice control in the NP300 ,well its back plus some. You can pretty much control the whole infotainment system with voice commands even speech to text and vice a versa so you can answer text legally!
The 8in screen is bright and logically laid out, even the cameras have improved visibility with wider views and deeper field of view. There is no point in carrying CDs anymore as you cant play them :crying: Nor does it carry speed cameras on the navigation but is very easy to overlay your own database. Only just scratched the surface as theres loads more to discover ie Car play and A Auto.

Not such an obvious improvement from my POV , I always complained that the body panels were at best flimsy ,well these ones seem quite a bit less so. You cant distort them with your fingers anymore. The techs at the dealership had a good look underneath on the ramps as this was their fist one and said quite a bit has changed and they were pleasantly surprised by how.

Thats a quick appraisal of the new 2020my model and am really pleased by how Nissan had listened to mine and others remarks about the first NP300s. Time will tell !
Having felt a huge disappointment when I got the Np300 42 months ago , you wont be getting me to part with this one so quickly .

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well I said I would report on the new uprated D23 .

When I had one of the first NP300s , many things niggled me having had a facelift D40 previously . So yesterday picked up the new D23 what a step forward it is ,things that are not obvious on the surface have also got the treatment.

Most obvious of first driving , The engine is more responsive and a lot quieter. The new manual gearbox is so,so much better . It is slick and no vagueness helped by it now being cable shift so no vibration from the box itself. Now the real thing that has changed Top cog is about 25% longer than where it was (its even longer than the auto box ) whereas before at 60mph you were pulling 2,000 RPM now this figure gives you 75MPH and 5th gear is where 6th used to be. Just need to get used to the different driving needed.6th gear will not get used much in town its really for the open road. Just a note reverse is in the opposite corner to where it was. For what its worth in mixed driving the computer has it at 39mpg and a run up the A1 was 45mpg.

The new brake set up seems good , they have never been bad but stopping is smoother and after about 400 miles no sign of any brake dust at all!!!! Ride quality is just as good as before even though it has beefed up springs and shocks and certainly its less likey to send you stargazing with a load in the back.

Inside is pretty much the same apart from the new connect unit . One of my biggest regrets when I lost the D40 was the lack of voice control in the NP300 ,well its back plus some. You can pretty much control the whole infotainment system with voice commands even speech to text and vice a versa so you can answer text legally!

The 8in screen is bright and logically laid out, even the cameras have improved visibility with wider views and deeper field of view. There is no point in carrying CDs anymore as you cant play them :crying: Nor does it carry speed cameras on the navigation but is very easy to overlay your own database. Only just scratched the surface as theres loads more to discover ie Car play and A Auto.

Not such an obvious improvement from my POV , I always complained that the body panels were at best flimsy ,well these ones seem quite a bit less so. You cant distort them with your fingers anymore. The techs at the dealership had a good look underneath on the ramps as this was their fist one and said quite a bit has changed and they were pleasantly surprised by how.

Thats a quick appraisal of the new 2020my model and am really pleased by how Nissan had listened to mine and others remarks about the first NP300s. Time will tell !

Having felt a huge disappointment when I got the Np300 42 months ago , you wont be getting me to part with this one so quickly .
Do you think the rear springs have been beefed up? My 2016 D23 was terrible, I had to add in a set of helper springs. That was one of my biggest problems with it.
1. Does the bonnet still have those water catchment wings (raised areas on the sides)?
2. Do the rear mudflaps still have the stone/mud collector baths?
3. Is the Adblue pipework still visible and run through the driver side wheel arch?
4. Be interesting to see what you're Adblue consumption is, though you won't really know for a couple of months.

My D23 is going back in September, because of the problems I've had with mine, and the lack of any help from Nissan, my next vehicle is the new EcoBlue Ford Ranger. A new vehicle with probably its own list of problems to suffer

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think the rear springs have been beefed up? My 2016 D23 was terrible, I had to add in a set of helper springs. That was one of my biggest problems with it.
1. Does the bonnet still have those water catchment wings (raised areas on the sides)?
2. Do the rear mudflaps still have the stone/mud collector baths?
3. Is the Adblue pipework still visible and run through the driver side wheel arch?
4. Be interesting to see what you're Adblue consumption is, though you won't really know for a couple of months.

My D23 is going back in September, because of the problems I've had with mine, and the lack of any help from Nissan, my next vehicle is the new EcoBlue Ford Ranger. A new vehicle with probably its own list of problems to suffer

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
The springs are a huge improvement ,they are dual rated and the arms are beefed up , was surprised it rode the same.
Adblue is not something I get to worried about , We put 70 litres a day into our combine at the moment. dont think it will get to that level.
Ah ford ranger it was on my list ,tried one was not blown away it finds every uneven hole in the roads and the engine has ??s in the tranny, They could or would not try to compete on price the Tekna was 4.5k cheaper than the Ltd spec ranger (new upgrade) and they still drink a whole lot more fuel.
Drove mine in rain yesterday and certainly didnt notice the same amount of a river .

·
Super Moderator
500 Posts
I'm going to have to try and drive one. I have to say my 2019 old model is miles quieter and more refined than the 2016 model. I'm auto now anyway but would probably have stayed manual with a better box. Ah well always next time.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had it nearly two weeks ,not been driven a lot due to me sitting in a combine seat 12 hrs a day due to illness.
However another positive have been towing the diesel bowser with it (just dead on 3.5t ) and it is a lot better both on road and off with less wallowing .
Must admit the new gearbox takes a bit of getting used to, due to the taller gearing and needing a different change approach. However it is slick and positive!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts