Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All sorry if posted in the wrong place as new to the site. My problem.
In January the truck broke down and at the cost of £1700 I had injector no 4 replaced and others tested, SCV KIT control valve, Pressure relief valve new leak off washers , gasket nozzle. Was working fine again and has now broke down again and will not start. I have changed the filter drained that tank and refilled with new fuel still will not start. No codes and done the reset.
I am stumped skint and need some help.
Someone did suggest that it may be a head gasket problem no water in the oil and not losing any. (how can I check)
Does anyone have any ideas. I will be checking timing chain at the weekend but if anyone can help I would be very greatful.

·
Super Moderator
356 Posts
I'd start with a blast of easy start down the intake whilst cranking. If it starts then dies you then don't need to waste any time looking at the timing and can concentrate on why it isn't getting fuel (likely issue).

Does it sound normal whilst cranking (even, steady rhythm with no irregularities/fast spots)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds fine while cranking and turns over fine at points it want to fire but just wont. Everything leads me to fuel but as I have replaced most of these parts I was looking to the head gasket. Silly question will easy start work with Diesel?. I will try that tomorrow don't know why i had not thought of it.

·
Super Moderator
356 Posts
Easy start will work just fine with a diesel. Or brake clean if you have some of that hanging around.

I have an '07 Pathfinder. Happy to compare readings for various sensors to work out what yours isn't doing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a good reader that does live data so will try and get a pressure reading for the fuel rail when cranking. I will try the easy start first thou as that seems the easiest route and quite simple.Many thanks for your help and will keep you posted if it fires up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so I have tonight brought myself a can of easy start. took of air box gave it a very good spray and cranked it over. did not start. However at points it did turn over as thou it was going too. Once I stopped cranking there was a hissing noise coming what appeared to be by the injector pump. Cranked again to see if i could hear where it was and the heavens opened upon me. It appears i have a leak of some sort down there which i need to locate any ideas.

·
Super Moderator
356 Posts
When you say 'the heavens opened up' do you mean it rained or the leak showered you?

I'd be interested to know your fuel rail pressure whilst cranking. It sounds like you may be onto something.

·
Administrator
4,894 Posts
With diesels on easy start I could be wrong but belive they need a constant stream of spray whilst cranking! So you'll need a second person to help with that
Also be pre warned when it starts (if) , it will sound horrifying! Sounds like it's banging it's brains out!
It's because easystart has a different compression ignition point of diesel so it will sound like the timings off untill you stop spraying!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No it was rain. I will see if I can get the cranking rail pressure and post. batteries now dead. :mad:

·
Administrator
4,894 Posts
Also not recommended with modern diesels but if it's a manual maybe try bump start?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So finally got to the bottom of why the truck would not start after many painful hours of trying. Turns out that there was water in the bores. Sucked the water out hey presto the truck is running. However this has pointed me to the head gasket as when I drained the tank of diesel there was not a drop of water in sight. Any way thought I would post and thank those who posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts