Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good day got engine light in orange lit up permanently plugged diadnostics in says turbo charger boost sensor anyone know wewre i can find it 2009 dci 2.5 navara ?????

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou for your help ,on your pic it dont look much ,warrenty has lapsed so il be paying ,thanks again .

·
Registered
619 Posts
try to clean it with a contact cleaner spray..probably its clogged with oil from the engine breather :evil: i cleaned mine a few days ago and its a totally different truck..its worth the try to see if it will work, you have nothing to lose :wink:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HI AGAIN FOLKS IVE TAKEN SENSOR OFF AND DROVE CAR WARNING LIGHT WENT OUT CAR PERFORMED VIRTUALY THE SAME SMALL PIPE WAS CLEAR ,THEN TURNED OFF WHEN I STARTED AGAIN ITS BACK ON ,VERY ODD ????

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bluenavara you could be right ,i contacted local nissan dealer he said he,s never sold one which makes me wonder if im on right track ,is there another sensor involved in boost ?, oh and its £159.00, so to get it wrong would leave me with a sore pocket ! is there another sensor involved with boost ?? also is there away of testing sensor ????

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
grease donkey im not sure what you mean by fault code, its an iluminated engine on dash orange colour, is there away of getting a fault code ,after local guy plugged in his diagnostics (smartbox) the actual print off reads ,

total codes 002
001 po238 TC BOOST SEN CIRC

002 PO234 TC SYSTEM

??????

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Sounds more like the boost solenoid if you get 034 and 038 together. Always check the harness first. Also have all the vacuumlines from vacuumpump to solenoid to vnt actuator checked.

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Boost solinod is down between air box and alternator, it will have three pipes going to it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Bluenavara is right!
Both those codes are usually being registered by a very high boost pressure causing the boost sensor to send out of tolerance voltage signal.
Either you have a problem with vacuum hoses and VNT solenoid or problem with the turbo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just for the record its a auto and i havent drove another but you cant help but notice waste gate making eratic noises when you change throttle positions duz that sound normal ????

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Tommy,

The turbo has no waste gate, it has variable vanes on the turbine, which are controlled by the solenoid we spoke about. Yes, it's known to chatter a bit, through the intake, that 's normal.

A word of advice mate: a D40 doesn't take that kindly to novice tinkerers (although we were all new to this at some point) my advice is to have the errors checked by a reputable shop, if you're not (yet) entirely comfortable with DIY troubleshooting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ive had it plugged in and ive posted results error codes etc ,car seems fine but the engine light illuminating on dash is so irritating ,and sods law ive just been out in it and yes its gone out,its booked to go into nissan next friday in liverpool but i can say i aint got greatest faith in main dealers i operate trucks we do are own maintenance but we aint got the stuff needed to plug in to them ,il let you know how we go on .

Thanks for your help Bluenavara .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
also when i drive car away in morn keeping revs below 3000,when i come to hill 2miles away car starts loosing power i apply full throttle makes no odds ,but soon as i release and repress throttle away it goes i guess it was in limp mode ,momentarily ,also contacted local nissan dealer parts guy he never heard of boost solenoid .

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Tommyoco said:
also when i drive car away in morn keeping revs below 3000,when i come to hill 2miles away car starts loosing power i apply full throttle makes no odds ,but soon as i release and repress throttle away it goes i guess it was in limp mode ,momentarily ,also contacted local nissan dealer parts guy he never heard of boost solenoid .
Shows you how much the parts lad knows then :lol: :lol: :lol: . the boost solinod is the pic that i posted on the last page AND these are a common issue on the D40, its even listed in the D40 workshop manual as "Turbocharger boost controll solinod valve" had to change it on my last navara. Nissan have now done away with this set up on the new navaras and its all built into the turbo now.

when mine went faulty the turbo would work intermitanly and there was a serious lack of power and smoke from the exhaust.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts