Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I am new to the forum and I am thinking about buying one of the above. Do the updates make a big difference e.g improved rear springs, rear disc brakes etc , MPG ?? Can somebody tell me also if the auto stop/start function can be mannualy switched OFF or programmed to OFF ? Iam thinking about a mannual transmission .What are your thoughts between the Tekna and N Guard specs ?
Thanks for your help in advance.............Med

·
Administrator
11,909 Posts
Apparently the mechanical upgrades for 2019 were quite a significant improvement.

You can't turn off the stop start permanently.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I can see the auto stop/start being a PITA too be frank. Cannot believe that there is not an option to turn this feature OFF in the vehicles coding ! This would possibly sway me Not TO PURCHASE ONE .
Thanks , Med

·
Administrator
11,909 Posts
Have you driven a car with stop start recently?
A few years ago they were a pain, nowadays you really wouldn't notice it, engines start immediately and they only stop if the when the Aircon, lights etc are turned off.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have a new NP300 its a huge improvement over my previous one . As above the stop/start you barely notice and I dont see why it would be a PITA . The new manual box is a huge improvement moving the spot for best economy from 60MPH to about 75 . All the improvements have made a huge difference as for N guard/ Tekna debate it doesnt add much to functional use just how it looks and if you think its worth the extra money. I certainly wouldnt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts