Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone help, i need to fit my Navara with a reversing camera but don know where to get one to fit my Navara D40 2007 Reg with SatNav.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just fitted one on mine, same as yours, 07 with sat nav. Got the camera from ebay. Very nice and very small.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251105152305?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Only £11.95 with free P&P.

I fitted mine in the EURO sign on the number plate. All info can be found here:

http://www.nissan-navara.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=26979

The mods can be a little tricky but nothing to bad. Be carefull with the soldering since it's easy to bridge the contacts. Otherwise all good . Bring out te other two pins from the box and connect to a switch. great fun to watch the peoples faces when the see the reverse light flash on and you pull away forwards. Love it. Let me know if you need any help.

Darrel

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I just got one that clips over the rear view mirror, good camera and excellent quality too. The camera is fitted above the number plate and then it leaves the sat Nav alone with no issues with trying to fit one if you got have the skills.......

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I have one that acts as a number plate surround and includes the camera (position adjustable).
I dont have the 'satnav' screen, so have fitted a 7" screen with quad camera ability (for towing large trailer).

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
dehorridge said:
great fun to watch the peoples faces when the see the reverse light flash on and you pull away forwards. Love it. Let me know if you need any help.

Darrel
You could put a diode into the circuit to stop the current flowing to the reverse lights when you activate the switch. That's what I've done.

G

·
0 Posts
Kasey said:
I have one that acts as a number plate surround and includes the camera (position adjustable).
I dont have the 'satnav' screen, so have fitted a 7" screen with quad camera ability (for towing large trailer).

Hi, just admiring your number plate surround camera, could you possibly show a picture of the camera view pal pls?
Deffo gonna do this now an fancy a cam on the back of the caravan.
Cheers,
Martin.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Biggi said:
Kasey said:

Hi, just admiring your number plate surround camera, could you possibly show a picture of the camera view pal pls?
Deffo gonna do this now an fancy a cam on the back of the caravan.
Cheers,
Martin.
I'll see what I can sort out tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,715 Posts
SteveKiarie said:
can someone help, i need to fit my Navara with a reversing camera but don know where to get one to fit my Navara D40 2007 Reg with SatNav.

An intro would be nice! :really

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Spirit said:
SteveKiarie said:

An intro would be nice! :really

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,715 Posts
Yer but Neil.. just stating a fact, you join & ask a direct question? At least you could have the decency & manners to introduce yourself first!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Oh I am not disagreeing with you Jay, firstly cos your right and secondly cos I am scared too........

G

·
0 Posts
:eek:fftopic :lol:
Neillp ya big :kiss_ass :homo lmfao... She's a lil' pussycat really :really :eekout

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Pics as promised. My screen is a seven inch. The camera can be tilted, so it doesn't have to be aimed exactly where mine is. The car behind is 1.5m (approx. 5ft) away. I have found that when the towball looks as though it is touching there is about 4" gap left.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
looks great, does it fold down?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
D40-Outlaw said:
looks great, does it fold down?
Unfortunately not. Can now get a quad screen that fits over the existing rearview mirror. May go for one of those next year, but as trailer in its winter quarters its not worth it til then.

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks Kasey, that's pretty impressive.
Thinking of putting one on now just to ease the coupling of tin tent.
Has anyone fitted that same camera to the sat naff scream an got the distance lines?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts