Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Nissan Navara D40 2012 model Spanish made. My problem is the display on the stereo system won't display. It's a bloody good stereo and I want to know what has faded the display and if it can be fixed or does it all have to be replaced.
If it's to be replaced, how much does one cost, please?
I was told by a Nissan dealer in Brisbane that a new one is around 1600.00 Australian dollars.

·
Administrator
13,307 Posts
I would recommend you get hold of a second hand unit. The costs from Nissan as you say are ridiculous.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Which stereo is it (got a pic)... if its the same as the one I removed you have mine for whatever the postage costs.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Mine did the same. It's the connection between where the wire ribbon from the screen joins the main circuit board. With age and heat the connection is lost. An electronic repair person should be able to sort it out by resoldering it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine did the same. It's the connection between where the wire ribbon from the screen joins the main circuit board. With age and heat the connection is lost. An electronic repair person should be able to sort it out by resoldering it.
Hi fellas. Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts