Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals

New to the site, and was after some feedback from you with regards to the Nissan Navara Aventura.

It is a toss up (pardon the expression!!) between this or a disco 3. I currently have a Mitsi Shogun Sport Warrior 2.5td - but want to get shot of it before the cam belt needs changing.

Do a fair bit of off roading, but also a fair amount of road work due to my job.

Disco 3 offers the refinement, but is an expensive beast to buy! Nissan working out around 23k disco 29k-33k agh!

Still would welcome your feedback and thoughts.

Cheers
Alex

·
Registered
321 Posts
Would depend on what you are chucking in the back to an extent.

Would it damage the interior of the Disco? Would it just slide round and get damaged in the navara?

Do you want to pay extorcianate costs for servicing at LandRover?

Have you not thought about the Pathfinder? Probably get the top of the range for similar price as bottom of range Disco3

Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have three dogs that will be carted about - in a dog box.

As well as shooting paraphernalia etc - I work my dogs so am often off road at training grounds etc.

I need it for towing as the OH has a horse - I find the Shogun Sport underpowered for this.

I have thought about the pathfinder - but I reckon that the value may well drop out of this. Whereas it will be held by the pick up due to it's "usefulness" I know that the Mitsi has lost a hige amount!!!!

Disco - Nice cruising (also would not have it main dealer serviced)
Navara - Ideal all round vehicle
Mitsubishi - Loved the car for the last two years, but it's time for a change and I need more power (by they by Mitsi servicing costs are outrageous!)

Welcome your feedback.

Cheers
Alex

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have test driven both (and was the owner of a Shogun for 13 years and currently own a Subaru Forester)...

As far as driving is concerned, the Disco can be driven at ridiculous speeds on the road without a thought. In Hungary the roads are generally very bad, and the Disco has composure no matter what you do to it. However, a reasonably laden Disco is well over 3.5 tonnes!!!! So it is not a light vehicle.

The Navara does not have that same composure over bad roads - but it is still bloody good and exactly what you need for them. It is better to drive than my Shogun was, and is more than good enough if you do NOT want to drive like a hooligan around town and on Dual carriageways leading into/out towns etc...

Off road? Well one simple fact. The Disco is brilliant, however go to anywhere where off-roading is a matter of life (and death) and everyone drives a Japanese pickup. Think about it... The Disco has so many electronic tricks...

Also I do not think dogs would a good effect on the disco's resale value. However, just transporting dogs is a very good sign for a pickup.

Also, if had to drive from London to Vladivostock (always a fantasy of mine) then I would chose the Nissan without question.

Also remember a slightly battered pickup is a badge of honour - a slightly battered Disco makes you look like a plonker who does not know how to drive off road.

Hope it helps.

Pieter
Budapest

1 - 5 of 5 Posts