Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Nissan NAVARA 2014 , with only 25 000 Km , a few month I have a problem with engine , which is at the first start on the morning , the engine start verry well but after a few moments the engine die . when we try to start the engine , it hard start occured with a black smock and then the engine turn perfect all the day or the trip even if I start and stop during the trip .

i have changed the fuel pump , the injector , the filter and the commun rail and the problem is not solved

can some one help

NB : with the diagnostic tools there is no fault code

·
Administrator
14,275 Posts
Hi,

I have a Nissan NAVARA 2014 , with only 25 000 Km , a few month I have a problem with engine , which is at the first start on the morning , the engine start verry well but after a few moments the engine die . when we try to start the engine , it hard start occured with a black smock and then the engine turn perfect all the day or the trip even if I start and stop during the trip .

i have changed the fuel pump , the injector , the filter and the commun rail and the problem is not solved

can some one help

NB : with the diagnostic tools there is no fault code
Welcome along.

You must have spent a huge amount of money so far.

Two most likely things

1 air leak around the fuel filter. If you squeeze the primer bulb until it goes hard, does it start ok?
2 glow plugs. Sometimes there is a fault with the relay ( in the fuse box nearest to the battery)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thank you for your replly,

Idid not spend à huge of miney, I have change them for another navara working Well

For the air in the fuel line, we have Checked that and it's OK

For the relay, I Will check, but can you tell me what is the exact relay and Hé do ?

Thanks in advance for help

·
Administrator
14,275 Posts
I would check that you getting power (or not) to the glow plugs first using a multimeter.

The relay takes the final from the ECU and provides power to the glow plugs. It is labelled on legend inside the fuse box lid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would check that you getting power (or not) to the glow plugs first using a multimeter.

The relay takes the final from the ECU and provides power to the glow plugs. It is labelled on legend inside the fuse box lid.
Sorry we have checked the glow plugs with the multimeter and they appear Ok

·
Administrator
14,275 Posts
just for precision , if the problem was the glow plugs , I will not have the first start , for one moment and then the engine die

thanks for your help
Fair point.

So, just to double check, if you squeeze the bulb until it goes hard, is the problem still there? This is very commonly the problem you describe.

Have you looked at the EGR? They can cause starting problems, worth blanking it to see if that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts