Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pathfinder (2.5 diesel yd25) goes into limp mode after idling for a about a minute. When I switch off and start again it comes off limp mode and works fine. Once it is left idling (eg. when I stop moving and it sits idling) it goes back into limp mode and this repeats itself. My Bluedriver scan tool shows the code P0089. I have scanned it multiple times on different occasions and once I got something that said massive air leak but that only happened once. The P0089 is the constant one I see. I carried it by a technician with a more expensive scan tool it shows P0089-Fuel Pump. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Administrator
13,430 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You need a new suction control valve. Quite a common problem with any Denso diesel fuel pump.
There are a few different ones, so make sure you get the right one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My pathfinder (2.5 diesel yd25) goes into limp mode after idling for a about a minute. When I switch off and start again it comes off limp mode and works fine. Once it is left idling (eg. when I stop moving and it sits idling) it goes back into limp mode and this repeats itself. My Bluedriver scan tool shows the code P0089. I have scanned it multiple times on different occasions and once I got something that said massive air leak but that only happened once. The P0089 is the constant one I see. I carried it by a technician with a more expensive scan tool it shows P0089-Fuel Pump. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

im having the same issue. any update on the situation??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend had a used fuel pump he took out of an engine he changed (radiator leak and engine overheated and the headgasket blew) and I swapped the SCV from that used pump with mine but it made no difference. Do u need to try a brand new one? I remember reading somewhere on this forum that there is a way to check the pressure relief valve? Currently on idle my scan tool says the rail pressure is around 8000 psi. Is that good or bad? Thanks again for your replies!

·
Administrator
13,430 Posts
Did you reset the fuel pump when you put the new SCV in? (The method using the accelerator pedal)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was the scv you fitted a used one ? As you say you removed it from another pump that might be your problem.
Yes it was a used one. I put my scan tool on another yd25 and the idle fuel pressure was around 4400 psi which is about half of my van. What you think this suggests? Thanks again for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts