Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, im hoping one of you will be able to help me... I have a 2011 d40 and I have been having issues with a flat spot when changing up to third gear before the turbo kicks in again. For the last week I seem to have no turbo/boost at all. Can anyone tell me where to begin with finding and then fixing the problem? I have researched it and I have no boost solenoid which earlier models had. I'm stuck with what to do with it

Thanks 馃榾

Registered
Possible pressure leak in hoses between turbo and intercooler, or intercooler to manifold? Or intercooler itself?

Administrator
Agreed. There is a fairly regular issue with turbo actuator failure, but these normally limit the revs to about 3k. Hopefully this isn't your problem.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have any rev issues just a serious lack of power. So is that more than likely a pressure leak? I have been hearing a slight leak for a while and have been upgrading the pipes as I find something but obviously a more serious leak has happened. Does anyone have any sort of diagram of which pipes it is likely to be?

Thanks for your help so far 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
The expanding pipe? I have replaced both the hot and cold side pipes with upgraded ones. The expanding pipe is now metal and the cold side is upgraded silicone. Any the rest of the pipes seem to be metal already and surely wouldn't break would they?

Registered
It matters not at all if the pipes expand, but it does matter if you have a leak somewhere, usually a joint...

And you do have to be careful using rigid pipes, as you need some 'give' - the intercooler is rigidly mounted, but the engine rocks about, which can stress the intercooler if it is all joined together too rigidly..

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
That's fair enough. I'll have to check all the pipes and see if I can find anything. Thanks for the help 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys, I have been investigating this issue but haven't yet been under the car to look for leaks. I noticed that when the car is started, the actuator on the turbo can be moved into what I'm guessing is the correct position because straight afterwards the car drives as it should. This only lasts a couple of minutes and then it's back to how it was.

If there is a pressure leak in the system would this stop the actuator working as it should? It seems to be sat in an idle position. As you can probably appreciate, there isn't that much room under the bonnet to see where a possible fault/hole is

Thanks in advance

Registered
I had a similar issue. it was a vacuum pipe that runs from near the fuel filter over the engine to the boost solenoid.
only reason I found it was I blew down the vacuum pipe and could hear air leaking.
the vacuum pipe is on the left of the engine. if you follow it from the boost solenoid you'll see where it goes too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I had a similar issue. it was a vacuum pipe that runs from near the fuel filter over the engine to the boost solenoid.
only reason I found it was I blew down the vacuum pipe and could hear air leaking.
the vacuum pipe is on the left of the engine. if you follow it from the boost solenoid you'll see where it goes too.
I'm not sure I have a boost solenoid with mine being a 2011. Correct me if I'm wrong. I hope it's something simple

Thanks

Premium Member
correct, you have the electronic system that replace the pneumatic of the earlier models. Are you saying you can physically move the turbo actuator by hand? if so, your problem is the actuator worm drive gears that's stripped. there was a recent thread about DIY repair of the actuator. Otherwise its a whole new turbo required.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
correct, you have the electronic system that replace the pneumatic of the earlier models. Are you saying you can physically move the turbo actuator by hand? if so, your problem is the actuator worm drive gears that's stripped. there was a recent thread about DIY repair of the actuator. Otherwise its a whole new turbo required.
I can't move it by hand but it flicks back into position if I try to move it when the engine is started. Then it works for a bit and then stops again. It's as if it's in an idle position. I'm stuck and I think it might be time to put it in the garage 馃槙

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys. I have taken the pipes off the turbo and found that there is play in the turbo so I took the turbo off and gave it to a guy who is going to recondition it for me.

When taking the turbo off one of the studs snapped and after a bit of a wrestle I managed to get the snapped piece out of the engine. Do any of you know where I can get replacement studs? I'm hoping to get the turbo back tomorrow so could do with them asap

Thanks in advance guys

Registered
It matters not at all if the pipes expand, but it does matter if you have a leak somewhere, usually a joint...

And you do have to be careful using rigid pipes, as you need some 'give' - the intercooler is rigidly mounted, but the engine rocks about, which can stress the intercooler if it is all joined together too rigidly..
Hi guys, im hoping one of you will be able to help me... I have a 2011 d40 and I have been having issues with a flat spot when changing up to third gear before the turbo kicks in again. For the last week I seem to have no turbo/boost at all. Can anyone tell me where to begin with finding and then fixing the problem? I have researched it and I have no boost solenoid which earlier models had. I'm stuck with what to do with it

Thanks 馃榾

Registered
Good day guys I have a euro 3 navara. For the past few days the van is driving normal. Yesterday I tried overtaking another vehicle on the highway but it's like I have no power or speed to over take the vehicle. The evening when I was leaving work I had now power from the initial pull off then it drive normal again and then won't get soped or power on the highway. But I am of the view that the turbo is not boosting properly. I recently bought and changed changed turbo from the local dealer. Can you guys assist.thanks.

Administrator
Have read through the sticky at the top of this section called how to investigate engine running issues.

As it suggests, an OBD reader is useful, if you plug in a reader you will see if there is any boost.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts