Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had to remove the dash to replace the heater core as it was leaking. Bugger of a job pulling that all out. I have it all back together, hopefully I haven't created any noise/rattles. The problem I have is that the climate control section is not working, ie no power. The fan is blowing seems like on high. The rest of the dash (radio/sat nav etc) all works, its purely the climate control section.

I have taken it back out again and it looks like everything is plugged in. Checked the fuse box and they are good.
Does anyone have a picture of the wiring at the back of the dash?
2014 D40 Spanish built.

Thanks Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Double checked all the fuses and they are all good. Plugs are in firmly. I did notice there is one empty slot in the back of the head unit. Has anyone got a photo of the back of the head unit with all the plugs in? I have had a look and I can't seem to fine any plugs that I have forgotten.

Also the A/C is not gassed up, could that cause the issue?

Thanks Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But will the climate control still power up and allow things like the fan speed and air vents to be changed? I realise the A/C won't work without being gassed up but does it kill all the climate control functions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just not powering up screen works, but no power to the climate control section ie fan, temp, vents. Everything else is fine. Seems like I have missed a plug but I can't see any loose ones. There is one slot in the back that doesn't have anything plugged in but I can't find anything to plug into it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I still haven't had any luck with this. I replaced the blower resistor thinking maybe something had happened to it during the dash removal. Hasn't made any difference. Anyone got any further suggestions? Or a picture showing the wiring/plugs, perhaps I have one around the wrong way? Winter is just kicking in here, so I want my heater back, lol.

·
Super Moderator
989 Posts
You need to give us a picture, or video or something.

Maybe it's just me, but I am seriously struggling to compile your fault in my head from your description.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The section circled in red is the section of the dash that is not working, basically the climate control. None of those buttons do anything. Its like it is turned off and won't turn on. I am pretty sure I have reconnected everything. The only thing I can now think of is that as the aircon system is not gassed and under pressure, maybe there is something in that system that recognises that and turns the climate control off to save destroying the A/C compressor etc? Just don't know if the system is that smart?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am thinking I will get it regassed during the week and see if that changes anything. I currently have the radiator and condenser out as they were packed FULL of grass seed from driving around our block of land the other day.

·
Super Moderator
989 Posts
I would certainly get a refrigerant recharge, but it seems like you have another fault or issue causing the controls to be dead like that.

Since the entire section is dead, and you are satisfied that you have completed all other basic diagnosis: I would start looking at the exact wiring which supplies this panel, and begin looking for correct voltages. Tracing my way backwards until I found something alive. I would also concern myself with the panel itself. I would make myself aware of it's makeup and eliminate it as a possible fault.

Bear in mind that the likelihood of the issue being caused by your entry to the dash in the first place is high. Further diagnosis may be easier if you bear this in mind.

·
Super Moderator
4,477 Posts
I know on the early d40s if the gas is empty the dash all works as normal it just dosnt get cold!
Did you by any chance drop or bang the controls when you had the dash out? Pull possibly braking any of the wires/connectors?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I guess its possible. Just need to work out the wiring and check the voltages at the connector. If they are good then I would assume the module is no good.

·
Super Moderator
989 Posts
That's exactly it. Check if you have any power at all in the connector for the module. Be extra careful you don't short anything though!

Cheapest (free) and easiest things first.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, I would like to know which wires are which before I go jamming the multimeter in there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts