Nissan-Navara.net banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes I got the link and got it downloaded. Trying to skim through it to see if I could get close to even guessing what next to check. I am however getting a code in the ecu 238 which is boost pressure sensor. I swapped it with another one before and nothing.
Have you checked your ecu for any codes?

·
Registered
28 Posts
yup. i get nothing (0000 - all clear) but certainly something not liking something!
before blanking the EGR valve I disconnected the electrics to it and was able to get code 0406 which obviously related to the EGR valve harness being disconnected :) more as a sense check for myself.

i find it strange that swapping the boost valve made no difference and worked in the other nav. have you been able to test that it's getting power to the harness?

k-4 said:
I maybe wrong here but on vws they run the same type of turbos and they have the same problems with the boost control
Have a look for n75 valves Iam pretty sure they would do the job
And you can pick up up at most breakers for a £5
thanks k-4 will have a look.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes I found it really strange. I didn't drive the other nav with it in but on reving on stand still the hose will swell so I know it's working in the other nav, in my own, nothing so it can't be that. I put a tester on it and yes it's getting power from the ecu. I have vacuum up to the boost solenoid but nothing coming out. For some reason the ecu is not activating the boost solenoid. I am thinking their might be something else wrong and the ecu is protecting the engine by not activating the turbo. Lost lost lost

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've tested the boost solenoid valve and it definitely seems to be buggered. No movement whatsoever when hooked up to 12 volts initially. After a couple of swift dunts it was clicking (sometimes) but still blocking/not blocking in the wrong order. I have ordered a new one and will let you know if that resolves my issue at least. Spent 2 days trying to clean it with no luck so new part better do the job!

I found these 2 videos useful for testing the solenoid (along with the workshop manual), helped me understand what should be happening to some degree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg2w1pmC4yE (3 point valve - different to the nav but similar principle as I understand)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0FPdwJKLrI (2 point valve - but gives you an idea)

Might be worth testing the solenoid as above to at least rule it out completely and compare to the other one (that you know works if you still have access to it). Test it with your battery and another battery. I used the navs battery and one of those jump start booster things I've got laying around - finally found a use for it! Also managed to get it to respond somewhat with a simple 9v battery), I've found that the valve sometimes seems to half work and other times just does nothing at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. From your earlier post I am thinking it's your solenoid, I have a feeling you will be lucky and the solenoid solve your problem!! Let me know how you get through!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I just hooked my own up to 12volts and only got one slight click, nothing after! I figure every time I touch it to power it should click or move but nothing, I am going to order one and a boost pressure sensor

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm no expert but def sounds like a problem. As u said should every time u touch it. Mine eventually did click everytime it was powered but the air flow still wasn't correct. Fingers crossed for you! I have that seat recall today, at Nissan just now, first half of journey boost came back and no black smoke, first time in 2 weeks, then it came back, all seems to match up to the solenoid for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, i have encountered the exact same problem with my navara and have tried all the same checks as posted here and still no further on!! if any of you have got to the bottom of this problem it would be really appreciated if ya could let me know!! many thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
Montserrat D40 said:
I also got a code p0234 which is turbocharger system but that is very general as the turbocharger system has many components.
This specific fault code usually ends up with turbo replacement.
Give me a reading of boost pressure….

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That would be correct as I had the turbo vacuum line hooked up to vacuum pump without boost solenoid so that will be the result! I was testing to see how much boost the turbo was producing and if the turbo was my problem!

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey, time to report back...boooooooost! Got the new solenoid valve today and fitted. Instantly had boost back, for first few minutes of driving it was dumping black smoke especially when opening the throttle a lot/flooring it, kinda expected this due to residual **** from my earlier drive home. Few minutes later and black smoke now gone too.

Tested through the gears and the main points I noticed the lack of power/boost was throughout 2nd gear and the freewheeling feeling in 5th and 6th, able to comfortably accelerate in 5th and 6th again.

At the start of this troubleshooting I blanked the EGR valve but as I have had no power for a couple of weeks now I'm really not sure if it has made any difference whatsoever as I can't remember fully how powerful it felt.

Fingers crossed for you Montserrat, hoping for positive news!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
That's great to hear you are up and running. I will let you know as soon I get the truck sorted, it's still at the mechanic!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Good day guys,
After about a month in the mechanic shop, the mechanic says he has found the problem. I changed the boost solenoid but that didn't do the trick. Apparently it was a broken wire somewhere between the ecu and the boost solenoid. The injectors also needed recalibrating which was done from the service manual and the tiny numbers on the injectors. The truck was fixed on Saturday and I have not driven it as yet to see if its actually fixed so I am taking his word for it until I can drive it and see if it has the awesome power I am used to. The truck got hit by a tundra while it was parked in the mechanics yard so it's gone to the body shop to be repaired before I take delivery .
Will report back when I drive the truck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey hey, sounds like youve had no luck whatsoever! let us know what the results are dude.
speaking of wires I dunno if it's just mine but ive noticed a quite a few wires in the engine bay with wear on them, some no where near anything. dont think ive had a vehicle ever have wiring wear like it and every other vehicle was older with more miles, weird... was beginning to think there was a wee mouse living in my engine bay!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have d40 navara 2011 model and it has made 179k. Just after the last servicing i noticed it still emits black smoke on 1,2,3,4 th gear. Can hear turbo sound normal. What might be the problem with it?

·
Premium Member
15,733 Posts
I have d40 navara 2011 model and it has made 179k. Just after the last servicing i noticed it still emits black smoke on 1,2,3,4 th gear. Can hear turbo sound normal. What might be the problem with it?
My first thoughts is take it back to whoever did the service.

Your location is important to the information we give you so please update your profile; http://www.nissan-navara.net/39-forum-notices-please-read-before-posting/35625-member-locations.html

This guide is a good starting point; http://www.nissan-navara.net/27-tec...ow-investigate-fix-engine-running-issues.html

·
Registered
890 Posts
Indeed, this sounds weird? Black smoke can be cause if you had a remap/chip that went to high and puts to much fuel or the air-to fuel ratio isn't correct so therefore i would also say to check the maf sensor and maybe clean it:scratch:

21 - 40 of 68 Posts