Nissan-Navara.net banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I see the cat is an MOT requirement, so will need one. If de-cat pipes exist, would it be worth swapping the cat out to check if that's the problem before forking out on a replacement? I can't think of anything else that would prevent the turbo from providing boost pressure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Will take a look at the cat and see if any obvious blocking.

What about fuel flow restriction? I fitted a new fuel filter, but is there a tank filter which could be clogged? Also, any filters on the fuel pump? Fuel consumption is high so I tended to think the engine was getting enough fuel, but if air/fuel ratio wrong, perhaps that could be an issue?

Also, could a coked up inlet manifold be a possibility? Just wondering if lack of air or fuel at the intake side might strangle the engine enough to limit the exhaust pressure?

These are areas I haven't checked yet as I thought they would be unlikely to cause the lack of boost symptoms.

·
Administrator
14,878 Posts
There's just one fuel filter, so it does need to be a good quality one.

I agree with the rest of your thoughts, I would add injectors to the list.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, thanks. I'll keep at it. Cat first then I'll look at the intake side, prob leave the injectors until last as I can't easily test them and with high fuel consumption I would have expected too much rather than too little fuel. But with 120 000 miles, prob worth at least getting them tested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Solved. Cat was blocked with soot. I loosened the cat to turbo connection and ran the engine with a 10mm gap between the turbo and cat. Boost was significantly higher. Removed the cat and knocked out the internals. Truck runs better than ever with boost reading of up to 20psi. I'll prob replace the cat with an aftermarket one to keep it legal and may tackle the intake manifold which I think is quite coked up and check the injectors using coke bottles as you suggest.

Very satisfying result after many months of living with a gutless vehicle and following poor "expert" advice from local garage. Thanks guys, and landmannnn in particular. An invaluable forum!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello,
does anyone know what are the values of the Turbo boost? at idle there is 0.01 bar.
at maximum recharge 1.4

61 - 70 of 70 Posts