Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im relatively new to this site.i have a 11 plate d40. Ive read numerous posts on here about poor throttle response when cold..as yet ive not found the answer. My truck is 100 % fine apart from maybe 10 seconds when first starting. The throttle will not respond.especially uphill.

·
Administrator
12,991 Posts
Welcome along. It has cropped up every now and then.
While not always the case, the 2.5 does need a clean MAF and regularly replaced fuel filter to run nicely.
If you have an automatic transmission it does tend to try to protect the gearbox for the first half a mile or so.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply, but i can tell from your answer that a difinitive cause has not been found on this site yet..its a manual and fuel filter ,maf, air filter, scv have all been done..the vehicle runs fine after initial start.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought possibly sumone had managed to get to the root cause.because all the threads ive read have all done a complete service plus maf, scv etc etc. But we are all missing something which perhaps wont be solved..

·
Administrator
12,991 Posts
I don't think it is a common enough problem for there to be one cause.

Fuel system air leaks can checked by pumping the primer bulb and seeing if it still happens.

Other possibilities are sticking vanes on the turbo, injectors needing cleaning or air leaks on the turbo hoses.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your suggestions..i dont think its injectors as it dosent have any other symptoms,id say it only does it every few weeks, i think ill give up, ive looked and looked.

·
Super Moderator
1,164 Posts
Thanks for reply, but i can tell from your answer that a difinitive cause has not been found on this site yet..its a manual and fuel filter ,maf, air filter, scv have all been done..the vehicle runs fine after initial start.
If problems were that easy to fix there would be no forum, for any vehicle!

How could there possibly be a definitive cause for anything mechanical? I could give you a dozen symptoms which point to one thing, and yet the issue lies elsewhere.

Welcome to the technical world my friend! You won't find a definitive cause for anything, unless it's incredibly basic, like a flat tyre maybe, with a nail sticking out of it!!

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No maybe the answer is that the forum has too many know all idiots like you on it 🤣

·
Super Moderator
1,164 Posts
No maybe the answer is that the forum has too many know all idiots like you on it 🤣
It isn't any of my trucks with any faults... the difference is, I fix them.

Please refrain from this type of comment on the public forum.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No the difference is i dont pretend to be a mechanical genius and am honest and your full of ****, dont make sarcastic comments and maybe your get a more polite reply.mr stobart

·
Administrator
12,991 Posts
No the difference is i dont pretend to be a mechanical genius and am honest and your full of ****, dont make sarcastic comments and maybe your get a more polite reply.mr stobart
I can't be bothered with trolls, so best if you take your opinions elsewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts