Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody
At the moment I’m located in Perth, WA and will be arriving in Brisbane on Tuesday morning 12th. My missus is a Queenslander and we’ve decided to relocate to a place called The Summit, which is about 2½ hours south of Brisbane. I’ll be the owner of a new Navara D40 STX Auto V6 (Black) on Tuesday; getting the salesman to pick the wife, me and the dog up at the airport and once we’ve registered it we’ll be making our way south. As a novice (first time) 4x4 owner I’m going to need a lot of advice from you guys, so I look forward to driving it south without pranging the bugger (never drove in Qld before)!

Cheers
Peter
:?

·
Registered
221 Posts
G-day mate.....ows things

I live just north of brissy in redcliffe, hope to see you around.
The first thing you ll have to get used to is that we have mountains, can be a bit daunting for you westies, but im sure you will manage.

Where is the Summit?.....2 1/2 hours south will put you near Byron Bay, NSW.

I have the V6 auto to, heaps of power great to drive. They are pretty good for off roading, better if you raise the suspension to get better ground clearance.

If you have any specific questions post away, the guys here are most helpful

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate

The Summit is near Stanthorpe, supposed to be the coldest place in Qld. Nearest biggish town is Warwick. I think the main worry is that bloody Gateway Bridge....once we get over that without driving off it, she'll be right.

Looking forward to the change.

Peter

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah mate you might get a nose bleed going over the gate way.. :lol:
The summit is west of Brisbane, so make sure you go in the right direction. :?
It gets bloody cold in winter there -6c....brrrr....too cold for me i dont like to wear any more than t-shirt, shorts and thongs.
Lots of great off roading through the national forests Girraween, Sundown and others.
Actually might go up there next year and check it out in the navara, havent been there for a few years.
Post some pics when you settle in.
paul

·
Registered
36 Posts
i dont like to wear any more than t-shirt, shorts and thongs
Us Brits call thongs 'flip flops' I hope :shock:
although a few of the lads on here probably wear a thong 8)

Sounds like the weather is similar to here, off road potentially too :lol:
Have fun Nav-Au.

·
Registered
221 Posts
BigDC said:
i dont like to wear any more than t-shirt, shorts and thongs
Us Brits call thongs 'flip flops' I hope :shock:
although a few of the lads on here probably wear a thong 8)

Sounds like the weather is similar to here, off road potentially too :lol:
Have fun Nav-Au.
How do you know i wasn't talking about a G-string?.... :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Finally arrived after collecting "Black Betty" from the dealership in Strathpine.....made up with it...

Peter

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It’s going great, although I’ve not had a chance to go off road yet (too busy sorting the new gaff out). Runs good and plenty of power. The dealer was great and I’d recommend them to anybody (Village Motors, Strathpine). Once I start off-roading I’ll have to get the suspension sorted, that’ll be when I’ve got some spare dosh!

Peter

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like you guys are enjoying the V6's I am guessing petrol must be cheaper?
Thank you for recommending the dealer, but by the time I have driven back from there my next service will be overdue.
Good to have you on board

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everything is mate......and sunshine as well! :D

First 4X4 for me....so I’m looking forward to putting it through its paces.

Cheers
Peter

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks mate, not experienced winter here yet, only an hour or two to drive to the warm stuff though......gives me a chance to drive “Black Betty”.........may even get her dirty soon!! :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.