Nissan-Navara.net banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
should have said...Nissan tech now tells me I should expect between 2000-4000 miles on a adblu fill, apparently 2000 on country roads and 4000 on motorways......lol I was told 7000+ when they Wanted my purchase money!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
should have said...Nissan tech now tells me I should expect between 2000-4000 miles on a adblu fill, apparently 2000 on country roads and 4000 on motorways......lol I was told 7000+ when they Wanted my purchase money!!
That quote is a little on the high side - it seems normal to have read / been told to expect circa 6k miles per tank.
As the warning begins when it needs around 8 - 10 litres to top up, this can give a false impression.
My average is still around 6k miles per tank though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine is a 2018 190hp double cab

I used 14ltrs of adblue during 2500km.
500km mixed traffic and 2000km on a highway trip to the Alpes and back for skiing. While driving 110km/h.

I used 225 ltrs of fuel.

Adblue should be 5-6% of fuel usage.
So I should have used 13.5 ltrs of adblue.

My adblue consumption seems just over average then.

I think adblue consumption is more expensive than most dealers would want you to know in advance.

Also check out Diaxol from Total.
Its adblue with an extra ingredient to have a better spray.
So it has less risque of forming residues that will ultimately block you're scr filter.
The price is the same of adblue but you can only find it in some Total shops that sells different products.
Not a regular Total gas station.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Funny i have just found this post! I have Adblue problems for 6 months and its finally got worse! I have been going through 17Ltr of Ad blue for nearly every 1000miles done! The warning has now come on where it has a count down to when i need to top up, to which i have but the warning has not gone away.

Im also now doing 30miles to a quarter of a tank for this reason! Ive also noticed a leak behind my top turbo

·
Read Only
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Funny i have just found this post! I have Adblue problems for 6 months and its finally got worse! I have been going through 17Ltr of Ad blue for nearly every 1000miles done! The warning has now come on where it has a count down to when i need to top up, to which i have but the warning has not gone away.

Im also now doing 30miles to a quarter of a tank for this reason! Ive also noticed a leak behind my top turbo
If you fill the tank up until it comes out the filler the tank sensor is under the liquid and can't detect the surface, as such it doesn't remove the warning until it goes down far enough.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you fill the tank up until it comes out the filler the tank sensor is under the liquid and can't detect the surface, as such it doesn't remove the warning until it goes down far enough.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Well that does make sense, but also now i have found out if you do fill it up past the sensor the warning light doesn’t go out at all!

How are we supposed to know how full the tank is?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Evening all, I have never given adblue a second thought til reading this. I've just ordered my next Nav for May delivery, my 2016 NP300 Euro5 is being traded, hope the adblue isn't going to be a pain in the **** because my current NP300 has been trouble free apart from a key fob battery and 2 rear tyres.

·
Registered
370 Posts
My adblue refill warning has been on 3 weeks now, still not reached the countdown stage so the system has a huge warning period built in. I’ll report back how many miles it does between initial warning and actual countdown.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My adblue warning comes on after 5ltrs consumption from full. That's about 700km. I wait to fill it up until I have driven 2000km in total. Then I put around 13 ltrs in it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mines 3wk old just returned from towing caravan 1800kg 2350ml on clock still running with whatever adblue is in from manufacturers max mpg on con-puter display 45.5mpg (not towing).

·
Registered
52 Posts
My adblue system has been reset while doing the 15k service interval.

4000km with 2000km of towing further still no warning and almost twice as much distance as before.

Will update.

So far the system reset has improved adblue consumption.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Finally got that adblue warning come on at 5450km (500 before).
Filled it up with 13ltrs adblue (12ltrs at 2200km before).
And the last 3000km I have been towing my caravan thru Spanish mountains.

So a simple adblue system reset at 15000km service made a big improvement on adblue consumption.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Last week I had the dreaded Adblu warning light with the countdown clock on.
Took it to the dealer last Wednesday 19th Feb (Greenhous Nissan Shrewsbury)
Called yesterday and was told they cant get the diagnostic to communicate with my car (2017 Navara Tekna Auto)
They are stumped and Nissan Tech dont know what the problem is, they also said that if its the Adblue meter then they are on backorder and they dont know how long it will take to get one!!!
Fantastic customer service eh, I will not buy another thats for sure.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts