Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted an additional bank of switches to their NP300 (eg. 6 switch panel). It's something I want to do, but struggling to find somewhere that it'd look tidy when fitted.
The switches will be used for additional lights etc. It's to be used rather than fitting switches to the existing blanks, so they're altogether rather than dotted around the dashboard.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Funnily enough I have been thinking about this exact thing as well.

I've decided that I would like a 3D printed thing to fit in to the well on top of the dash. Could put a bank of switches in it, extend the existing lighter port so that it can still be used. Add a mount for CB radio mic mount so I'm not drilling the existing dash and its all removable.

The only problem I have is measuring the existing well for the thing to be printed. I don't know how. And I don't have a 3D printer, but that is easy to get around

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funnily enough I have been thinking about this exact thing as well.

I've decided that I would like a 3D printed thing to fit in to the well on top of the dash. Could put a bank of switches in it, extend the existing lighter port so that it can still be used. Add a mount for CB radio mic mount so I'm not drilling the existing dash and its all removable.

The only problem I have is measuring the existing well for the thing to be printed. I don't know how. And I don't have a 3D printer, but that is easy to get around
How would you secure it?

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and mistakes.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Currently thinking 3 options, either selecting one or a combination of:

1) If extending the cig lighter into the unit then this could provide some sort of anchor. Wouldn't strain any electrical connectors, just the plastic
2) A weight in the bottom probably glued so that it didn't slide around
3) Some stick pads like the ones that came with the DDPai remote button as they seem secure enough to hold something in place without leaving residue when removed

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
When I last looked at this, I thought the best option was a complete new sub-panel with its own fuses - marine gang panels are great for this because they have positive and negative buses (auto usually only positive) which is easier to wire and more reliable.

Stick that somewhere hidden - under/behind the seats for example - and then just run a remote switch for those things you need to reach while driving.

However, things like this are starting to hit the market and if I were starting from scratch I’d do this for sure:
https://www.redarc.com.au/vehicle-management-systems/tvms

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone fitted an additional bank of switches to their NP300 (eg. 6 switch panel). It's something I want to do, but struggling to find somewhere that it'd look tidy when fitted.
The switches will be used for additional lights etc. It's to be used rather than fitting switches to the existing blanks, so they're altogether rather than dotted around the dashboard.
Hi Jdo

did you end up doing this and if so did you print it on 3D printer. I like this idea. And was thinking of something on the same lines. Would really like to se some pics if you could share.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts