Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to find out where the Fuel Pump is located on the vehicle and what a new or replacement Pump cost and where you may be able to get them, please?

·
Administrator
13,317 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

A modern diesel fuel injection pump is part of a very high pressure system and is probably the most sophisticated and expensive part on the vehicle.

For the previous model think a couple of thousand dollars, not sure about the D23.

Why do you think you need a new one?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have had a problem with my Nav de-powering and then cut out (VDC light came on, and engine light for about 5seconds). When turn on to restart heard what sounded like a diesel pumping towards the back of vehicle......car would start and run for about 10seconds....then left for a couple of minutes then it started and has run good since. This is the second time it has happened, and we were unable to track anything the last time.

·
Administrator
13,317 Posts
Ok, not sure if the D23 has an electric priming pump or not.

Most D23 models are still under warranty, so not a lot of knowledge around about how to fix them.

Maybe somebody on here will know a bit more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, not sure if the D23 has an electric priming pump or not.

Most D23 models are still under warranty, so not a lot of knowledge around about how to fix them.

Maybe somebody on here will know a bit more.

Hey thanks, much appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have had a problem with my Nav de-powering and then cut out (VDC light came on, and engine light for about 5seconds). When turn on to restart heard what sounded like a diesel pumping towards the back of vehicle......car would start and run for about 10seconds....then left for a couple of minutes then it started and has run good since. This is the second time it has happened, and we were unable to track anything the last time.

I forgot to mention the first time this happened the fuel light had just come on and then this time it was just under 1/4 of a tank.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'd say flush the fuel tank you may have some contamination of some sort in there.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Navara D23 NP300
84 Posts
I'd say flush the fuel tank you may have some contamination of some sort in there.

Sounds about right, worth replacing the fuel filter also, and maybe run some Diesel Purge through it.
If you do the fuel filter, fill it with the purge, then prime it as usual the rest of the way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks for that.

Diesel purge? What is it, where can I find it?

I have managed to speak to someone at a Nissan dealer that was willing to actually talk and not just say you will have to take it to a Nissan dealer. He said exactly what you have just said, but i didn't have a chance to question him any further about it.

Can I ask how to do it and what to do??

Cheers

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey thanks for that.

Diesel purge? What is it, where can I find it?

I have managed to speak to someone at a Nissan dealer that was willing to actually talk and not just say you will have to take it to a Nissan dealer. He said exactly what you have just said, but i didn't have a chance to question him any further about it.

Can I ask how to do it and what to do??

Cheers

Not sure where you are from, but here is what it looks like in an aussie store:

What year and model do you have? Fuel filter change is relatively easy to do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you just add the Diesel Purge to the fuel in the tank or when you change the filter do you fill the filter and fuel line with it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do you just add the Diesel Purge to the fuel in the tank or when you change the filter do you fill the filter and fuel line with it?
When you change the filter, which should be relatively easy as per:

You then, rather then placing the empty filter back into place, fill with Diesel Purge and then drive as normal once you have primed the lines. This in your case should be by placing the key onto ignition (warning lights lit) WITHOUT starting the car, I usually leave it on this for 30 seconds or so, turn it off then back on again to start.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi, I have just managed to get a filter today (they sell very quickly over here and are hard to get ahold of), so hope to get to it in the next couple of days.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts