Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new Navaran (!), I have to say that I love my new truck !

I've owned a few vehicles in my time that were decidedly unusual (to say the least), and although I really liked them, I don't recall liking them as much as this truck !

However ...................... (you knew it was coming !).......................

There is ONE thing that utterly, utterly BRASSES me off !

Mine is the ST-X variant.

In this neck of the woods, that is the top spec..

Even has the sliding rear window ........ !

( Fabulous feature ! )

But.........

You arrive at your destination.

Exit and lock the vehicle.

Then realise that there's a window (or two) open !

What an ABSOLUTE FAFF that's involved to close them !

I've read the handbook.

Played with the remote, holding down buttons in all configurations.

Researched the internet. Other Nissan models have an auto window close feature from the remote.

HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING ?

Is there a way of remotely closing the darned windows without climbing back into the truck and turning on the ignition, FGS ?!!!

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Nope, no way of closing the windows once the ignition is off. Not as standard anyway.

You can buy and fit an aftermarket module which allows you to close the windows with the fob. Incidentally, it also auto-folds the wing mirrors in if you have electric folding ones.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and mistakes.

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
Without meaning to be critical, aren't you over-reacting a little?

This first world problem is mildly annoying at the worst.

I do agree it is odd, I had cars 20 years ago that you could hold the lock down on the remote to close the windows.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Without meaning to be critical, aren't you over-reacting a little?

This first world problem is mildly annoying at the worst.

I do agree it is odd, I had cars 20 years ago that you could hold the lock down on the remote to close the windows.
It's winter here, and I must have been caught out a dozen or more times.

For me, it's not as simple as remembering to close the windows when I exit the truck.

The fact is that when I see them down when it's just started to rain, I'm often soaked by the time the job is done.

I'll be pursuing the module, thanks, Jem !

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
It's winter here, and I must have been caught out a dozen or more times.

For me, it's not as simple as remembering to close the windows when I exit the truck.

The fact is that when I see them down when it's just started to rain, I'm often soaked by the time the job is done.

I'll be pursuing the module, thanks, Jem !
I left the sunroof open all night during a rainstorm. One thing is sure, I will never do that again!

·
Super Moderator
510 Posts
Think your self lucky that you get the choice of having an opening rear window!

But yes its annoying, as mentioned there is an aftermarket module out there now that can add this missing functionality plus auto fold the mirrors etc.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have the foldy mirror module..is the windy up window included or is it a separate bit of kit?

Nothing mentioned when I bought it so I’m guessing not

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
It depends which module you have. The Eagle one doesn't do the windows.

The one I found that does was about £80 but with £30 for p&p on top because it was from Aus.

I can't find it any more though.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I got the RedTec module which closes the front windows and also folds in the wing mirrors.

£100 delivered from AUS
How easy was it to fit?

·
Registered
361 Posts
How easy was it to fit?

Very easy. Its all plug and play except for two wires which use these t-shape scotch lock type things. Instructions make it all very simple. Most complicated thing is removing the door card

Do any of the modules also open the windows with the remote? Great feature on a hot day!
The redtec module can open and close

·
Registered
52 Posts
Haha, just read this and absolutely agree .... how annoying it is. Same on my Tekna Juke & Tekna Pulsar. I remember my 2008 VX Vectra just closed all the windows from the key fob. Simple.

Another annoying "feature" I've found with Navara ownership is with the folding mirrors. Does the engine have to be running or the ignition on to close them?

My 2016 Pulsar Tekna - could fold in / out anytime, but not from the fob when you lock / unlock.
My 2016.5 Juke Tekna - can fold in / out anytime and from the fob when you lock / unlock.
My 2016.5 Navara Tekna - can only fold in / out when the engine is running or the ignition is on.

Just find it odd that car's of the same trim level from the same manufacturer behave is subtly different ways.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've just come from a Juke N-tec ( two others before that) and I simply cannot remember to fold in the mirrors before I switch off the ignition! I park on the edge of a road in a village where we all routinely have smashed mirrors. Half the time I just push the mirror flat then it opens when I get in the next time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts