Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

What is the best available on these?, if anyone has done a recent deal and is happy to message the details please do.

I'm looking to trade my (company vehicle) 2019 N-Guard for a 2020 facelift model and I'm not making much progress, if I want another N-Guard (facelift) there is limited group stock or April for new @ prices that are roughly 10% more than May 2019. I don't like white, grey or (current model) black, if I do want a Savannah Yellow (best colour, same as my 1st NP300) Tekna Auto with sunroof and rev sensors (how can you make sensors an extra on a pick up??) I'm being quoted August delivery.

I appreciate the Amarok, L200, X-Class have gone so it seems the Nissan dealers are fishing in a basket at the minute.

TIA

·
Premium Member
11,352 Posts
Hi

What is the best available on these?, if anyone has done a recent deal and is happy to message the details please do.

I'm looking to trade my (company vehicle) 2019 N-Guard for a 2020 facelift model and I'm not making much progress, if I want another N-Guard (facelift) there is limited group stock or April for new @ prices that are roughly 10% more than May 2019. I don't like white, grey or (current model) black, if I do want a Savannah Yellow (best colour, same as my 1st NP300) Tekna Auto with sunroof and rev sensors (how can you make sensors an extra on a pick up??) I'm being quoted August delivery.

I appreciate the Amarok, L200, X-Class have gone so it seems the Nissan dealers are fishing in a basket at the minute.

TIA

·
Premium Member
11,352 Posts
Hi there. I ordered back in November for a March delivery and it has just come in and is ready for collection (grey n guard manual). Never got on with my 19 plate grey n guard auto so getting rid. Apparently the company that makes the manual gear boxes went bust during COVID so manuals very hard to get hold of (I’ve been lucky). Also, the company that does the spray on load liner for the n guard (which is standard) has also gone bust so mine will have a plastic tub liner. I believe the salesman said could get an auto for May ish ? I got what I thought was a very good trade in value which again is due to the shortage of vehicles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tucker
Your the second person who has mentioned the spray in liner now not being on the new vehicles.I have my N Guard being delivered the next couple of weeks and i was going to get plastic liner before delivery in addition to the spray liner.I might just wait now and see if its delivered with a plastic liner instead of the spray liner.Dont know where its coming from as its lease so unable to chase up with any dealer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi

TIA
The L200 isn't gone? the series 6 has been available for nearly a year now? Although I loved the L200 barbarian X I tested, I felt the latest engine was underpowered......

I ordered June 2020 and took delivery on 1st July 2020, shortly after car dealers were allowed to re-open..... I got a huge discount off mine, N-Guard auto, Circa £8k off list price (£10k inc VAT)

·
Premium Member
11,352 Posts
Never take any notice of the list price LOL, this will be my 6th Navara and I’ve never paid any where near list.
I was a bit disappointed about the liner, I paid for a spray on in my current truck and it is very good, so was pleased new one had it as standard .... that didn’t work out. I’m not however going to pay for one if it comes with the plastic one.

·
Administrator
14,275 Posts
I hadn't realised the Amorak had gone too. So the shortlist for pickup of the year will be pretty much the full list of all the four pickups available.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all

Paid the deposit today for April delivery of a White Pearl N-Guard auto, on this one the side decals will be coming off though. I'm pushing 50 and the fake mud splashes are too pronounced on the white one.

My quest for cheap motoring has paid off again, I remember back in 2019 getting the odd dig or 2 by not wanting to break the plastic on the owners manual in order to keep the pick up as close to new as possible. Well that failed because it was serviced this month and they ripped the wrap to get to the contents I presume to stamp. However I am pleased to report this N-Guard has been the second cheapest Nav to own so far, the difference between price paid in 2019 and trade in now is roughly £3800 exc VAT give or take, meaning a nett cost (exc fuel etc) of £159 per month exc VAT, no tyres, no pads, just one service @ £249 + VAT. That is based on owning for 24 months and mileage to date 18500 plus whatever I do till the April swap day. If I had made the deal a week earlier I would have skipped the service too, I had a price point I wanted to achieve, I thought I couldn't get there but after a month of toing and froing with out being a pain in the **** for the salesman we got there today. Haggling by email is hard in the current Covid climate.

The only time I've had better cost of ownership was my 2015 D40 Tekna manual, in 2016 the deals to upgrade to the new NP300 were immense and from memory the cost to upgrade after a year was around £1400. I'm hoping to keep and look after this new one for a year and then hopefully the new 2021 Nav will have the same incentive as the 2016 model did ie cheap one year upgrade.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The L200 isn't gone? the series 6 has been available for nearly a year now? Although I loved the L200 barbarian X I tested, I felt the latest engine was underpowered......

I ordered June 2020 and took delivery on 1st July 2020, shortly after car dealers were allowed to re-open..... I got a huge discount off mine, N-Guard auto, Circa £8k off list price (£10k inc VAT)
Sorry that is my bad model terminology, I meant the series 6, I do like the centre diff technology if remains on the series 6 ie 4 high on all surfaces up to 50 odd mph, don't like we are bringing no new models however sold models will still be supported.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi there. I ordered back in November for a March delivery and it has just come in and is ready for collection (grey n guard manual). Never got on with my 19 plate grey n guard auto so getting rid. Apparently the company that makes the manual gear boxes went bust during COVID so manuals very hard to get hold of (I’ve been lucky). Also, the company that does the spray on load liner for the n guard (which is standard) has also gone bust so mine will have a plastic tub liner. I believe the salesman said could get an auto for May ish ? I got what I thought was a very good trade in value which again is due to the shortage of vehicles.
Manual, I just couldn't do one again. My D23 Aventura (last time I saw 2 front leccy seats in a Nav) and D40 were manual, the D40 only just as I tried to change to auto after ordering but was told it was too late. My 2016 NP auto it seemed the box was being shielded from low revs ie less than 1600 and it would change down rather than use torque, my 2019 N-Guard auto was better and would go as low and pull from 1250 prm on a gentle throttle. I couldn't do manual, for me it doesn't suit the vehicle, I remeber on the D23 and D40 2nd was the first gear unless on an incline when 1st became 1st to 18mph at least :oops:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am realising now the tub liner has changed, the sales man said today it is included, I said it never has been before, perhaps now I know why.

·
Premium Member
11,352 Posts
LOL, I had the stickers taken off my current truck but have decided to leave them on the new one (for now). Fresh can of plastidip ready for Monday to do front and rear badges again and this time I’m going to attempt the window trims too. Exciting times 😀

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine are coming off along with the horrendous huge 5 year warranty badge on the back, I've had the dealer remove that twice before handing over. So what is the plastidip about? I've watched loads of Fonzie's dipyour car videos.

·
Premium Member
11,352 Posts
I plastidipped the badges on my last one, it has lasted fine on my current truck, perhaps now at 2 years old it could do with a touch up but I like it because it’s not permanent as paint would be and if I [email protected]@k it up it just pulls of. Yes, the bright red warranty sticker is the first thing the dealer always takes off !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts