Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Is anybody else having problems insuring there new NP300.
Any search I do for my registration, on any comparison website says the number does not exist, and when I speak to a insurance company direct they also can't find it.
I have the V5, have spoken to the DVLA and all is correct.
At present I am running on the dealership 7 day insurance, so time is running out.
Admiral say they only have the old 2.5 engine on there system, so can't insure me as there database is not correct.
Any ideas, or company's that people are insured with would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
11,343 Posts
Just sorted my insurance today, spoke to them first thing and the cover note was with the dealer by lunch time. To be fair, the amount we pay the NFU each month I should bloody think so to :lol::lol:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Try Admiral Van Insurance - as its a LCV don't think its on the usual car insurance data base but is on the van one.

·
Premium Member
11,343 Posts
Try Admiral Van Insurance - as its a LCV don't think its on the usual car insurance data base but is on the van one.
Yeah, I think she said something like that, had to be on a commercial policy, didn't take much notice to be honest, just wanted it swapped over from the Pathy.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
For all you guys having to go on commercial van insurance for the first time. Just be aware that most policies will not cover you to drive any other vehicle like most car ones do . I know for a fact the NFU dont and you are not always made aware.

Must admit even though we are members we dont insure the Navs with them as I found a fleet policy with a well respected underwriter that was less for the three navs than the NFU wanted for one and that wasnt even the one with the 19yo driving. I pay £595 fully comp to cover 3 D40s one with 19yo driver .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
I have gone through the commercial insurance and my reg is not found, and when I've spoken to admiral they say the only navara they can find is the 2.5 and not the new 2.3 NP300 on there system.
All very strange, especially as it appears others are already insured with admiral.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi
I have gone through the commercial insurance and my reg is not found, and when I've spoken to admiral they say the only navara they can find is the 2.5 and not the new 2.3 NP300 on there system.
All very strange, especially as it appears others are already insured with admiral.
Sorry to ask the obvious but are you on Admiral VAN and not just the Admiral - it is two different companies in theory. I did mine through Meerkat van insurance and then contacted direct. Had to do make and model as just changed the reg to private plate but was all there on the screen. Think it was 225 ish.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep Admiral van insurance??? Think I'll ring them tomorrow and explain others are insured through you, so what's the issue.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mine was underwritten by Zenith Insurance PLC through them. They list it as Nissan NP300 D/CAB 4x4
Customer services number 0333 220 2096. Good luck with it.

133 Posts
Hi
Is anybody else having problems insuring there new NP300.
Any search I do for my registration, on any comparison website says the number does not exist, and when I speak to a insurance company direct they also can't find it.
I have the V5, have spoken to the DVLA and all is correct.
At present I am running on the dealership 7 day insurance, so time is running out.
Admiral say they only have the old 2.5 engine on there system, so can't insure me as there database is not correct.
Any ideas, or company's that people are insured with would be appreciated.
Hello,

By all means give us a call here at Adrian Flux Insurance Services - Tel: 0800 089 0035 - if you mention club membership of Nissan-Navara this will also entitle you to a discount.

I'm hopeful we can assist.

Regards.

Dan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Please don my ignorance guys. I am just about to take delivery of my new NP300 which will be my first pickup (only had cars up to this point). Can you only insure an NP300 through van insurance and such does this limit the number of insurers out there?

Cheers.

Paul

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Yes its classed as a commercial vehicle and yes! It will even cost more to take over toll bridges. Having second thoughts ? The insurance cover is usually less comprehensive and the NCDs are lower.
In your case I would not leave the insurance to long to sort out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Please don my ignorance guys. I am just about to take delivery of my new NP300 which will be my first pickup (only had cars up to this point). Can you only insure an NP300 through van insurance and such does this limit the number of insurers out there?

Cheers.

Paul
Most car insurance companies do van as well I'm with Aviva. Direct line do both

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes its classed as a commercial vehicle and yes! It will even cost more to take over toll bridges. Having second thoughts ? The insurance cover is usually less comprehensive and the NCDs are lower.
In your case I would not leave the insurance to long to sort out.

Duly noted. Thanks popsdosh.

Most car insurance companies do van as well I'm with Aviva. Direct line do both
Ok thanks Bob. Something to bear in mind. My current car is insured by Tesco and currently I have no idea as to whether or not they will even entertain insuring the Navara. I will have to give them a call to discuss.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Fingers crossed, I'll be swapping my current Direct Line insurance over to my NP300 later today and will let you know how I get on with them.
I sorted my insurance while I was at the dealers last night picking my NP300 up. Direct Line didn't have the NP300 on their list, only the D40.
They contacted their underwriters and it was all sorted in no time.
Yes, after waiting all this time I'm finally behind the wheel :smile2:
First impressions? Well worth the wait!! :partycheer:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Colour?? Pictures!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts