Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and greetings, this is my first post here, my name is Abdullah, and iam an owner of a Nissan navara np300 2016 diesel engine twin turbo.
Today when i get to start my navara i put my foot on the break and pressed the start button, the engin kept igniting more time than usual and didn't start, so i pressed again on the start button and it stopped. I thought it was something that i shouldn't care about. So i put my foot again on the break and pressed the start button trying to start the engine, but this time nothing happened, even it didn't ignite. except a warning came up on my dashboard saying "low oil pressure stop vehicle", tried many times and checked oil level and even checked oil filter, everything is fine. Could anyone know anything about this issue please help me out. Best regards gentlemen

· Banned
1,468 Posts
The warning is nothing to worry about . It is because you had tried to start but obviously had built up no oil pressure due to the engine not running. This doesnt occur in a normal start cycle as the pressure warning has a second or two delay on starting ,so as not to frighten you all the time.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The warning is nothing to worry about . It is because you had tried to start but obviously had built up no oil pressure due to the engine not running. This doesnt occur in a normal start cycle as the pressure warning has a second or two delay on starting ,so as not to frighten you all the time.
I don't what cause this to happen but i called a mechanic and he came with the diagnosis computer and the computer couldn't even diagnose the car and it gave him something about no communication with ECM and PCM error. He said it the computer can't run on the car. Its now the day 2 stopping in front of my house. And my country has a fully curfew. So can't leave the house and repair 😣

· Premium Member
2,382 Posts
The oil pressure warning is a red herring, you should ignore it.

I would start by disconnecting the battery completely from the car and leaving it out overnight. Then put the battery back in and see if it will start.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The oil pressure warning is a red herring, you should ignore it.

I would start by disconnecting the battery completely from the car and leaving it out overnight. Then put the battery back in and see if it will start.
Thank you. I will do that. Just one question, do you recommend resetting the ECM manually, i saw a procedure online showing it could be done

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey mate did u fix the problem? Mine just did the same thing yesterday...no connect found abd wont start up
Yes it was fixed, i brought a good mechanic with computer background, he told me the issue happened because i jumped in the car real quick and start the engine is a very fast way, and honestly that's exactly what happened, he said its nissan system that the car car sense that the car is being stolen so the computer system blocks the car from starting, he had to call the Nissan company to get the security code from them, and it started like usual .thank

· Registered
2 Posts
Yes it was fixed, i brought a good mechanic with computer background, he told me the issue happened because i jumped in the car real quick and start the engine is a very fast way, and honestly that's exactly what happened, he said its nissan system that the car car sense that the car is being stolen so the computer system blocks the car from starting, he had to call the Nissan company to get the security code from them, and it started like usual .thank
Do you remember what the code was mate?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts