Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help please?

Centre console armrest is too low and too far back for me on my new Navara. Anyone know of an after market fix please?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Its not short and low just to you believe me.I hate it too and im in the lookout to fit an after market too.The thing is you cant buy anything online unless you are sure it will do the job right fitting wise.Im thinking of making one myself and having it upholstered professionally

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
I can't say I have ever used the lid of the centre console as an armrest in any car I have owned. Guessing you like to drive one handed the only options I can think of are to do what pathfinder suggests or find some method of mounting a proper armrest that you might find on top end vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2008 Nissan Navara Aventura / BMW 650i / Saab 93 TTid
512 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Can anyone help please?

Centre console armrest is too low and too far back for me on my new Navara. Anyone know of an after market fix please?
I totally agree! We've actually built a dog seat/bed over the centre console bit and that works pretty well as an armrest for me. We originally built it for our old D40 but it fitted in the new D23 just the same.

It does make it awkward to get into the compartment and does block the middle seat in the rear, however.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had the same thoughts with my armrest and so took it to my local car upholstery place and he made me a new one, its about 4 inches thick now,still opens and closes as normal and looks factory fitted, cost £45, well chuffed with it..

·
Registered
52 Posts
i had the same thoughts with my armrest and so took it to my local car upholstery place and he made me a new one, its about 4 inches thick now,still opens and closes as normal and looks factory fitted, cost £45, well chuffed with it..
Do you have a picture?

Greetz.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Afternoon ... I'm going to put my 2 cents in here from my experience of a few Nissans I've owned and centre consoles :smile2:

Nissan Navara - too small and set too far back for me to use an an armrest.

Nissan Juke - too small, set too far back and actually obstructs proper use of the handbrake!! Had to have the lid left up all the time.
Nissan Pulsar (2016) - absolutely perfect, about 50% larger than the Navara AND it slides forwards / backwards - perfect.

All these were Tekna models ... and still got the Juke, which is a fabulous little car.

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
Guessing the Juke, in reality a modified Renault Clio built in the Uk, has inherited some design challenges from the French and the English joint heritage!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts