Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My Np300 keeps going into limp mode, doesn't throw a check engine light on.
Just goes straight to limp mode, When I scan it myself it comes up with a Pending Code P1453
Does anyone know what this code is (I can not find what it is)

When I clear the code it goes for a bit. able to drive normally, but when put under load when driving it comes back on sometimes.

Any ideas would be very helpful

·
Administrator
16,672 Posts
Your dpf needs regeneration.

Guessing you aren't driving long distances?

One option is to get it to trigger the regenerate cycle is by driving at over 50mph for 20 minutes, keeping the revs high, say 3,000. So in other words a good blast!

A garage with a higher end scan tool can trigger it manually.

Of course the pressure sensor that senses the dpf may be faulty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your dpf needs regeneration.

Guessing you aren't driving long distances?

One option is to get it to trigger the regenerate cycle is by driving at over 50mph for 20 minutes, keeping the revs high, say 3,000. So in other words a good blast!

A garage with a higher end scan tool can trigger it manually.

Of course the pressure sensor that senses the dpf may be faulty.
Thanks
I will give it a try tomorrow but I do 150Km a day
I have done 200,000 Km might have to give it a clean, are they hard to put out and clean.

·
Administrator
16,672 Posts
If you do 150km a day then I would expect the automatic regeneration to kick in.

Give the blast a go, but the next step is probably to get a garage to trigger regeneration manually. If that doesn't work, yes, it needs taking off and cleaning.
There are plenty of places who will clean it for you, not that difficult DIY either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you do 150km a day then I would expect the automatic regeneration to kick in.

Give the blast a go, but the next step is probably to get a garage to trigger regeneration manually. If that doesn't work, yes, it needs taking off and cleaning.
There are plenty of places who will clean it for you, not that difficult DIY either.

I did a 30min Drive at 3,000 still kept doing it
I pulled my DPF off over the weekend and clean it(it didn't look too bad, clean it anyway )
Still going into limp mode and throwing Pending Code P1453 (Mostly happens when at 2100 reves and put the foot down it will happen straight away, if I am gently with the throttle it is ok or in cruise control.)
don't know what I should do next any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

My Np300 keeps going into limp mode, doesn't throw a check engine light on.
Just goes straight to limp mode, When I scan it myself it comes up with a Pending Code P1453
Does anyone know what this code is (I can not find what it is)

When I clear the code it goes for a bit. able to drive normally, but when put under load when driving it comes back on sometimes.

Any ideas would be very helpful
hey mate howd you go with it mine started doing this today same thing !! Any success fixing or finding the issue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts