Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way to make one of the fag lighters a permanant live, like the D40. Really handy for leaving batteries on charge / or the flashing beacon on

·
Registered
203 Posts
you have a few options;

you could populate a vacant +30 (perm live) slot on the internal fuse board if you purchase the correct pins etc. and run a new circuit to the ciggy lighter.
you could use an "add-a-circuit" fuse tap to create a new +30 connection to the ciggy lighter - just be sure that the circuit you piggy back off is a non essential system (i.e. not ABS or similar)
or if you are handy with a Soldering iron, you could hard-wire a Fused line from the Fuse box perm. input to the ciggy lighter.

or at least this is how i would do it... :) not sure if this is easy enough, but happy to help if i can.

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
The tub-mounted 12V socket on the Oz market NP300 is permanently live. The wiring for that is likely to exist on all NP300s, even if it’s just a vacant slot in the fuse box.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The tub-mounted 12V socket on the Oz market NP300 is permanently live. The wiring for that is likely to exist on all NP300s, even if it’s just a vacant slot in the fuse box.
Where in the tub is the socket please? Even if we don’t have them here in the uk I may look to see if the loom is behind there. I’d like to add one if it’s possible.

I think the permanent live has deliberately been omitted to prevent flat battery issues.... a shame as they are handy sometimes.

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
Where in the tub is the socket please? Even if we don’t have them here in the uk I may look to see if the loom is behind there. I’d like to add one if it’s possible.

I think the permanent live has deliberately been omitted to prevent flat battery issues.... a shame as they are handy sometimes.

Directly above the left wheel arch. The wiring SEEMS to be visible from the wheel arch, but I am overseas at the moment so I can’t check.

·
Registered
112 Posts
With a couple of pounds worth of components you can easily cut the power to the lighter socket if the battery voltage drops below say 11.8v. I seem to remember reading in the manual that the permanent live socket in my E class did this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts