Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone upgraded the Radio to the SatNav unit? Nissan tell me that this isn't possible. (Not even with a genuine Nissan unit)
Alternatively has anyone fitted an aftermarket SatNav unit and still managed to retain the steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Has anyone upgraded the Radio to the SatNav unit? Nissan tell me that this isn't possible. (Not even with a genuine Nissan unit)
Alternatively has anyone fitted an aftermarket SatNav unit and still managed to retain the steering wheel controls?
Anything is possible with the determination. I always ask the question why didnt you buy the right one in the first place as its the cheapest way of getting it.

It wouldnt be cheap and would need some considerable understanding of the CAN system as so much is integrated into that unit.

The satnav is not what its cracked up to be and even though I have it I still rely on the phone as that gives me dynamic routing .

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yes my on board nav couldn’t direct me correctly to Sunningdale golf course the other day... it’s got a couple of things wrong lately... it seems to put you within a mile or two but not directly to where you need to be...anyway I digress....

Yes it’s possible entirely.

I could put any aftermarket unit in I chose and make it work with the volume buttons on the steering wheel but I would lose the around view cameras which I find I use more than any sat nav so I’ve kept it stock and uprated the sound.

If you pop up a link to the double din unit you fancy putting in i’ll Direct you to the plug and play wiring harness to make it all work. :)

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
If you search on this site for Growl, a couple on here have fitted this Android unit which integrates with the camera system

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have subscribed to these threads and I’m keeping a close eye on them. Last time I checked they still don’t work. The Nissan uses CAN to send its camera pictures where most aftermarket units only use RCA. Most only have provision for 2 camera inputs (front & rear). I also hate everything android. I put up with android on my Sony TV as the picture is stunning but the android software is laughable.

I hope the guys can sort the cameras as it’s a real stand out feature of the Navara.... it swayed me to buy it over the competition if I’m honest.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The Growl & Hardstone units don't work with the 360 camera system (Hardstone at the moment anyway)

I've potentially found one that does work with the 360 camera system, but there is a single issue with it at the moment

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fitted Clarion NX501E unit and all OK except steering wheel controls. I used the Autoleads PC99 Stalk control but doesn't work. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Fitted Clarion NX501E unit and all OK except steering wheel controls. I used the Autoleads PC99 Stalk control but doesn't work. Any ideas?
Its very unlikely there will be one as the demand wont be large enough to develop one most are happy with factory unit .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts