Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have started to change my stereo for the nissan connect (my wanted built in sat nav after we bought the np300) I have changed the second plug for the 24 way one needed for the satnav, I followed the wiring pin for a new qashqia (looked the same) but cant find the one for the np300. Is there any chance that one of use has the pinout diagram and pictures of the second plug.
Cheers kevin

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi there
I have started to change the stereo in my np300 to a nissan sat nav unit but the second plug is different, and cant find the pinout diagram to change the plug or could anyone please post a few pics of there second plug.
Cheers kevin

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nissan np300 sat nav help

Hi all
I started to change the stock stereo to the nissan sat nav one, the plugs at back of the sat nav the secondary plug is different size its a 24 way plug so I went change it. But I cant seem to find a diagram to show where the terminals go or have any pictures you can show me.
Cheers kevin

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there
Thank you for reposting the pic I have wired the plug like the pic but the steering wheel controls and the microphone dont work, but the sat nav unit hasn't been coded to the vehicle not sure if that would effect it
Cheers kevin

·
Registered
361 Posts
Is the answer not in the OP.
Oh yeah, I completely glazed over that fact. I just saw Nissan and it didn't sink in that the Nissan unit was the upgrade

Hi there
Thank you for reposting the pic I have wired the plug like the pic but the steering wheel controls and the microphone dont work, but the sat nav unit hasn't been coded to the vehicle not sure if that would effect it
Cheers kevin
What spec level is your Navara? And what did the original unit look like? And you are talking about fitting the 7" Nissan unit? Are you sure you've correctly identified the original wiring correctly?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi there
My navara np300 is the acenta plus, the original stereo was the bog standard and the reversing camera comes on the rear view mirror. I think I have got the connections right for the microphone,aux port and the 2 sets of canbus hi and low
Cheers kevin

·
Registered
361 Posts
Here is the link to the workshop manuals for the AUS Navara models. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8hcf6zo5go8gkfa/AAD5Ck5pZVD9OaeD_znycY_Oa?dl=0

I can't see them at work as Dropbox is blocked, but I think its the AV manual if I remember correct. The wiring guides in there may help you, but, if you are sure you've got the correct wiring, I have a feeling you aren't going to get the SWC to work.

I don't know why the microphone isn't working.

Does your reversing camera work?

If you want Sat Nav from the unit in the dash, you may have to go aftermarket. Alternatively, you'll have to use your phone or an old fashioned Sat Nav unit. The built in Nissan Sat Nav isn't great really anyway.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi there
None on the drawings show the 24way secondary plug they have the 32way plug for the normal stereos, I found a diagram for the nissan qashqia j11 that has the 24way plug for satnav not sure if they are the same. But heres a pic of what I think it is
Cheers kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't think you are going to get it to work. This thread here indicates Nissan told the OP that it wasn't possible: https://www.nissan-navara.net/42-interior-mods/102513-np300-radio-satnav-upgrade.html

Does your reverse camera still work? Do you have the Fakra connectors for the DAB and SatNav aerials?

These guys maybe able to help https://aerpro.com/vehicles/nissan/nissan-navara-2015-np300-st/stx#- as they seem to make harnesses for the AUS market, although they may need a little guidance with our trim level terminology

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wired up the plug the way I thought it when the microphone and steering controls doesn't work but the aux port works as it should, maybe I will get the satnav coded to the car and the swc ans microphone will start working
Cheers kevin

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi there
I am quite sure it can be done because qashqia owners are able to do it, so why cant np300 owners do it. Nissan I presume will use the same control system. It just takes a little fiddly work.
Cheers kevin

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi there
Cheers kevin
Steering wheel controls should be fine as long as you’ve got both pairs polarity correct and the head unit has a can terminator internal for the second pair.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts