Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience of the NP300 compared to a D40 when towing? Thinking about changing to th NP300 from my D40 and I tow a single axle caravan.

Thanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
think you would be hard pushed to notice a difference to be honest, i would say the engine is quieter and pulls a little better, prob due to the a twin turbo setup.
mpg is roughly same or slightly better better with D40, although i haven't done much motorway towing with np300,averages about 25-26mpg

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
The New Navara is far better at towing. I have had a two D40’s and now have the new Navara. The notable difference is the 7 speed gearbox and the twin turbo giving you a more relaxed towing experience. I tow a 7m twin axle and don’t see any suspension sagging. The mpg is pretty much the same as the D40 around 21 - 23 mpg with an auto box.

I don’t think you will be dissapointed unless you have a V6 D40 then I can’t compare.

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
Can you get the leaf spring NP300? If so that’s my pick, although I use my NP300 to tow about 1400kg just fine.

·
Administrator
13,140 Posts
I think you would be hard pushed to see the difference between any of the 'pickups available towing a single axle trailer.

They will all achieve the maximum speed limit easily and provided the nose weight is right the handling and braking will hardly be affected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts