Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all. I love wild camping and would like to combine a bit of an off road drive to a good camping spot. Nothing too technical, but and hour or so drive in/out. Any recommendations in the north?
Cheers
Col

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've been thinking about the same thing. But seeing as wild camping is illegal in England it has to be a trip to Scotland. I have searched on line asking the similar question but not had much joy. There must be places out there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and just saw you post while browsing the various topics. I enjoy camping and go away frequently but access for off road driving in Scotland isn't easy to find. You can camp just about anywhere but 4x4 routes are harder to find. We were in the Outer Hebrides recently and there is much more freedom to roam up there with some stunning wild camp spots and small camp sites to choose from. I have a short video on YouTube of a drive on a beech up there, just search "Drive along Clachan Sands beech in North Uist" to get a taster of the area.

Cheers

Donald

Attachments

Reactions: Telx2001

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and just saw you post while browsing the various topics. I enjoy camping and go away frequently but access for off road driving in Scotland isn't easy to find. You can camp just about anywhere but 4x4 routes are harder to find. We were in the Outer Hebrides recently and there is much more freedom to roam up there with some stunning wild camp spots and small camp sites to choose from. I have a short video on YouTube of a drive on a beech up there, just search "Drive along Clachan Sands beech in North Uist" to get a taster of the area.

Cheers

Donald
Excellent, thanks for the tip off. Nice pics and nice dogs!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Excellent, thanks for the tip off. Nice pics and nice dogs!
Another place to consider and a lot easier to get to is the Dumfries and Galloway forests, though I've not been myself (but plan on going soon, hopefully on a nice cold clear winters night). There looks to be plenty of tracks to explore and it's one of the least light polluted areas in Europe. Just drive around until you find somewhere to camp. There is a Dark Skies (I think it's called) location there for observing the night sky, so a good place to go on a clear night. On that trip we had to the hebrides on a clear night the skies where amazing, you could easily see the shape of the distant galaxies with the naked eye.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts