Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,178 Posts
Yeah, looks nice. But I would be taking the lettering straight off the tailgate. "Off-Roader", That's like writing "Van", on the side of a van.

Maybe Nissan was concerned in case we forget and stop dead in face of mud.

What's the price on that model, did you enquire?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Is it just bolt on plastic and metal bits or does it have useful stuff like centre diff, lsd or locking diffs, or air based suspension lift and despite a snorkel, how deep in water will it go before it fills up or gets major electronic failure? Just checking in case it is cynical marketing - I don't need one....

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
I think you are being a little cynical, bigger tyres bash plates and a diff lock will make quite a difference to its off-road capability

One of the big benefits is that being manufacture specified there will not be hassles with insurance or warranties

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
I think you are being a little cynical, bigger tyres bash plates and a diff lock will make quite a difference to its off-road capability

One of the big benefits is that being manufacture specified there will not be hassles with insurance or warranties

I can’t see the pics and am unfamiliar with the model, but if it’s a variety of NP300, most of the world’s NP300s already have diff locks fitted. It probably costs Nissan extra to remove them for your market...

Fun fact: the traction control system still works across the front axle when the rear diff lock is engaged. This is rare for a production system and excellent for off-road use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts