Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,
I sold my roof tent recently and the guy that bought it runs an off-roading adventure company and invited me to join them on their latest run, North Yorkshire to the Lake District.
My 2018 Navara is bog standard (in terms of running gear) apart from 17" modulars and BFG AT's but I thought, why not!!

I had an unbelievable weekend and took the car to places I would never dreamed of going. I have had a number of Disco's etc. in the past but was absolutely gobsmacked at how capable the Nav was. The low ratio box was incredible and the auto hill-decent worked brilliantly as well.

The only thing I could have done with was a bit more clearance and a 2" lift kit is now on order.

I would thoroughly recommend the company BTW. It's not one of these that will let you destroy your car. They 'baby-sat' me through the tough stuff and I managed to get the car back in one piece. I will definitely be doing more trips with them.

https://www.compassadventures.co.uk/

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I've looked at their trips in the past. Looks like you had fun!

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and mistakes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant, honestly.
But like I said, couldn't be happier with the Navara. It was superb.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick update;
Did another trip with Compass Adventures this weekend just gone and some of the terrain was a bit tougher to say the least.
But, once again, the Nav was amazing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Quick update;
Did another trip with Compass Adventures this weekend just gone and some of the terrain was a bit tougher to say the least.
But, once again, the Nav was amazing.
Any more photos?

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and mistakes.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Your truck looks great in that setting. Best colour to dechrome.

The older guy in the last picture looks like he is ‘dabbing’ (whatever that is...I’m old but i’ve Seen my children do it!)

I really must try this. (Not the dabbing).

;)

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Dabbing? No, it's Ian McKellen saying "You shall not pass" just before he falls into a fiery pit, fighting with a Balrog.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Great pics - looks like fun!

I quite fancy it, but not in my own Nav, which has probably been out on a wet road about 3 dozen times in 4.5 years and never seen a UK winter or salt ! I am a bit dependent on it being 100%.... :)

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
Careful with the wading depth! Have you seen the large wiring bundle just inside your front right wheel arch? If that gets submerged it’s all over!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I'm guessing that without other serious water ingress strategies, a snorkel is not going to allow you go through more than say 1m of water. (if that?)... ????

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm guessing that without other serious water ingress strategies, a snorkel is not going to allow you go through more than say 1m of water. (if that?)... ????
I had it over the bonnet the same day. No problems at all.
The expert from PB Customs (https://www.pb-customs.co.uk/) said that all modern electrics are so well insulated, the water doesn't affect them and to be fair, he was right.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great pics - looks like fun!

I quite fancy it, but not in my own Nav, which has probably been out on a wet road about 3 dozen times in 4.5 years and never seen a UK winter or salt ! I am a bit dependent on it being 100%.... :)
I know what you mean. Mine is my company car but I thought, hey, let's enjoy it. I got it this March and went on my first trip in May. I was cacking myself. Since then I've only had one little scrape with a jagged dry stone wall up to now. £300.00 repair.

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts

The snorkel doesn’t improve your wading depth at all*. The limiting factor is the various electronic boxes attached to the engine and chassis.

*with steady, slow forward speed, it probably does just a little bit, but they don’t want to be sued if the claim that and you fry your ECU.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts