Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
my 16 week old, new np 300 n guard has just thrown up engine management light, which is for oil degradation, the dash then came on with Oil service Needed. It had done 5500 miles when engine management light came on now it permanently states change engine oil, I rang Nissan care when the management light came on and was asked If the vehicle had stoped working, it hadn’t, so they said take it to the dealers and get it looked at, so I called into the stealers today and was told it definitely needs its first service, I asked for an explanation as to why and was given a printed leaflet about how the engine checks the oil quality and lets you know when a service is needed regardless of mileage covered.
has anyone else had experience of this ?
im not really wanting To service it every 6000 miles !

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Navara D23 NP300
84 Posts
Bizarre, but I suppose get it done then see how it goes until it next decides it needs changing? Then you'll have a better gauge.

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Is the 5500 miles the total amount of miles the truck has done so far, if so it might be because the engine oil may still have some particles in it from running in even though all new engines are run in on the dyno in the factory, are Nissan doing the service ? If not put some good quality oil in it and see how that goes if no different surely this needs to be addressed under warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts