Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Befor i start im am far from a mechanic so could be completely wrong and any advise would be much appreciated. So I noticed the other day there is a lot of what looks like oil over the engine bay and a little bit dripping down under the truck. I have been looking around and it looks like it could be coming from the top mounted radiator. But it is around the pies which I thought did not contain oil. I have attached some images in hope of finding out where it is coming from and what to do to fix.

·
Administrator
15,346 Posts
Your best option is to give it a good clean using a degreaser, then you will be able to see where the leak is.

Correct that the intercooler on the engine doesn't contain oil.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your best option is to give it a good clean using a degreaser, then you will be able to see where the leak is.

Correct that the intercooler on the engine doesn't contain oil.
Thanks. Do you have any clue where it could be from just to narrow down my search?

·
Administrator
4,911 Posts
It's not uncommon for a little oil to find it's way into the induction pipes from the engines breather pipes that are connected to the air intake pipes!
Due to the pressure involved in the intercooler pipes some pressure leaks through the joints on these pipes and with this a small amount of oil too! Over time this builds up on the outside and can (over time) give the illusion of a serious leak!
Most of the time this is nothing to worry about! Although a lot of oil in the induction pipes can also be an early warning of turbo seals failing

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not uncommon for a little oil to find it's way into the induction pipes from the engines breather pipes that are connected to the air intake pipes!
Due to the pressure involved in the intercooler pipes some pressure leaks through the joints on these pipes and with this a small amount of oil too! Over time this builds up on the outside and can (over time) give the illusion of a serious leak!
Most of the time this is nothing to worry about! Although a lot of oil in the induction pipes can also be an early warning of turbo seals failing
Thanks for the info I will try to take a further look into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts