Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Have had a situation. When hard braking I am getting oil light flickering for a few second and going away. I assume this is the oil pressure sensor??
After a quick search it doesn't seem I can get one in a rush, if this is the issue will it be bad to drive with for a few weeks untill one arrives. I assume this issue will progressively get worse?.
Also where is the switch located. Is there only one?

Oil/filter is 4 months old

Cheers

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
Hi all,

Have had a situation. When hard braking I am getting oil light flickering for a few second and going away. I assume this is the oil pressure sensor??
After a quick search it doesn't seem I can get one in a rush, if this is the issue will it be bad to drive with for a few weeks untill one arrives. I assume this issue will progressively get worse?.

Cheers
Welcome to the forum.

The other possiblity, more concerning, is that the engine oil pressure is low.

I would double check the oil level for a start.

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
Have a read through this post on a patrol forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

Cheers
I guess you have plenty of oil.

·
Super Moderator
356 Posts
Being on only at idle suggests the sensor is working correctly and your oil pressure is genuinely low. At idle you have very little output from the pump so worn bearings are more likely to cause the oil pressure to drop below the minimum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts