Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2016 NP300
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just my "required" introduction thread here.

I am now on my third Navara.

I started with a green D22, which I absolutely adored. It was an old banger I paid £750.00 for, but I was soooo proud of it. I had always wanted a pick-up, and this was my first. Unfortunately, a £750.00 pick-up was never going to last long. It failed it's MOT 10 months later due to chassis rot, so I sent it for export.

I then managed to get myself a promotion at work... meaning I could afford a proper truck! So, naturally, having loved my big green beastie, I got myself another Navara. This time a D40 Tekna. I adored this truck for the 4 years I had it, and I have only just sold it. As much as I loved it, it did have it's issues. EGR valve, tracking was a blooming nightmare on it, 2 new starter motors, windscreen washer light being stuck on, clunking gearbox, snapped back door handle... the list goes on.

So, after saying goodbye to Blue Betty, Goldfinger has rolled into my life.
A 2016 NP300 Tekna. So far, so good. Nothing bad to report!

All my trucks are use for day-to-day commuting, I have 2 gundogs which spend half of their lives in the vehicle with me, I also have 2 large horses that my poor truck has to lug around.

I wouldn't say my vehicles have to work hard, but they do a bit of towing and a bit of offroading in the shooting season so they aren't total Chelsea tractors!

Well... I've run out of things to waffle on about now...
Cheers!

·
Administrator
12,985 Posts
Welcome along.

Sticking with Navara's then! It does seem that issues with the D23 are fewer, the only common issue seems to be the brakes rubbing.

·
Registered
2016 NP300
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even with the problems I had with the first 2, I couldn't bring myself to buy anything else! I did look at the Rangers, but some of the reviews really put me off... I think it's a case of better the devil you know! :)

·
Administrator
12,985 Posts
True, there only other real choices are the Ford and the Isuzu. I would discount the VW and Toyotas as they are overpriced for what you get.

·
Registered
2016 NP300
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Mum always goes Toyota, she has had absolutely nothing but problems with her latest one, straight from the dealer. It's been back to the garage 3/4 times in the year she has had it. Like you, I think they are over-priced anyways!

The Isuzu I think is a bit farmer spec... It's all a bit rubbish inside and basic functions.

The VW's are way out of my price range.

Iw as left with the Nave, Ranger or Mitsy. I personally think the Mitsy's are too girly looking, and the Rangers seem to stick owners with massive bills after warranty expires!

Left me with just the one choice really :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello, Abi, welcome.

Very interesting truck usage, and very nice truck choices!

Nav all the way, simple as.
The D22 was a better truck than the D40 for a working vehicle, Had mines for over 15 years now and the chassis still perfect the only issue I got with corrosion was the cab rearmost supports we’re starting to rot due to salt spray passing the rear wing splash guards was not a bad job to repair, Regarding the Ranger heard to many bad reviews about them. The Isuzu s are not to bad but a lot more basic than the Nissan.

·
Super Moderator
4,527 Posts
Welcome on board
So it looks like your a die-hard navara fan? Got to admit though i do like the colour of your latest!
Im even contemplating having my d40 plastidip'd in a similar colour

Reactions: Abi_Young87

·
Registered
76 Posts
My Mum always goes Toyota, she has had absolutely nothing but problems with her latest one, straight from the dealer. It's been back to the garage 3/4 times in the year she has had it. Like you, I think they are over-priced anyways!

The Isuzu I think is a bit farmer spec... It's all a bit rubbish inside and basic functions.

The VW's are way out of my price range.

Iw as left with the Nave, Ranger or Mitsy. I personally think the Mitsy's are too girly looking, and the Rangers seem to stick owners with massive bills after warranty expires!

Left me with just the one choice really :)

Hello Abi and welcome!

I didn't even know the broke down rate is high of Toyota these days, would like to hear more! As in my mind Toyoya shoud still a solid brand with reliable mechanics.The new hilux turns me down because of overpriced and the power performance/equipment not as good as Nav.

·
Registered
2016 NP300
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome on board
So it looks like your a die-hard navara fan? Got to admit though i do like the colour of your latest!
Im even contemplating having my d40 plastidip'd in a similar colour
I think you could class me as a die hard ha! I've looked at every other brand and always end up back at the Navs!
I adore the colour of the new one, I'm so pleased I managed to find one. I don't think you can go too far wrong with dipping your D40 in a similar colour

·
Registered
2016 NP300
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello Abi and welcome!

I didn't even know the broke down rate is high of Toyota these days, would like to hear more! As in my mind Toyoya shoud still a solid brand with reliable mechanics.The new hilux turns me down because of overpriced and the power performance/equipment not as good as Nav.
The one my mum has has been back for turbo issues, break issues, EGR issues and paint peeling.

She will still claim it's the best thing since sliced bread, but to me, a brand new truck shouldn't need to go back to the garage continuosly.

Even when she went to pick it up, the numberplate was on wonky and they hadn't cleaned off all the sticker residue from it being transported.

As one of the higher priced vehicles, I would expect better service and better quality than that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts