Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a little bit of truck mini interaction! My mate has one of the last ever rover minis and it was lovely till tonight when he parked it behind my truck. I got in the truck looked in all my mirrors engaged reverse started to go back and thought, funny, the trucks not moving very well? so i got out to find his mini hiding below the rear of my truck too narrow to be seen in the side mirrors and too low to be seen in the rear veiw mirror with a big inverted tow bar mark in the boot lid and a crumpled chrome bumper :shock: :x Bugger! not a mark on the tow bar though. Poor little thing didn't stand a chance against all that weight i suppose i think i pushed it about a foot without noticeing it there. Well thats another nice bill for christmas, Wicked! just what i wanted! A few hundred quid at least i think :x :x :(

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can appreciate that, about 2 weeks ago I tried to reverse into a crowded Brisbane city carpark on some level.

Only realised that I'd hit their number plate with the tow bar when I checked to see if i'd backed up far enough :roll: Ooppss.... :D I felt bad untill I realised they were at least a foot past the line dedicated for there spot :shock: Promtley moved to another space :D :D :D

G

·
i've come to the conclusion that uk parking spaces are to small...i propose a bill to go through parliament that allows navara owners to use two car parking spaces for parking... :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
"Promtley moved to another space "

One of my pet hates, people who damage other peoples property and bugger off.The person may well have been over the space slightly,but does that make it right to do what you did?

It's promptly by the way...

·
Registered
82 Posts
i propose a bill to go through parliament that allows navara owners to use two car parking spaces for parking...
Who needs a bill?? I've now realised I need either 2 spaces (or 4 if they're narrow!) or a pavement / grass verge to hand the back end over.
Funnily, I was warned about it by a very helpful :lol: Mitsubishi salesman when I was deciding which truck to buy " you do know Navaras don't fit in a standard european car parking space don't you, unlike the L200" , "So that's why there's less room in the back and the bed of the L200 then?" I replied :lol: :lol: If I wanted something to fit in parking spaces I'd have bought a car!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
normalbloke said:
Well I know that now! :lol: Iguess you lern from your mistakes i suppose, I just hope that one went in and it doesn't happen again!

I think i'll put a better reversing light on the back you can't see much at night when reversingmay mount a spotlight on the tow bar. bar and link it to the reverse lights from the towing electrics, that should help shouldn't it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Agreed, the reversing lights are poo.If you tap into your reversing lights you'll need a relay of some sort, unless you manage to get an LED light and it's associated low current characteristics..

My Nav has a 3" suspension lift,3" body lift, and 33" tyres, so stands 10" above normal,and it's way too easy to pull up to something(bin,bollard etc) and get in and drive right over it.I always have a peek after a close call!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
normalbloke said:
"Promtley moved to another space "

One of my pet hates, people who damage other peoples property and bugger off.The person may well have been over the space slightly,but does that make it right to do what you did?

It's promptly by the way...
Boo bloody hoo ! a 1/4 inch ding in the number plate :roll:

A bit different if i'd hit a panel :wink:

Spelling Nazis and no space after full stops and commas are my pet hates ! :evil: :D

Damo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just after i got my truck, a bloke who'd been annoying me for a good while parked inches away from my rear bumper. When i came back he said, "I hear the steering lock on those things is pretty shocking, i'll give you £20 if you get out of there," and laughed to his mates.

I put the truck in reverse, put my towbar right through his plastic bumper and pushed him back 30 feet!! I told him he could put the £20 towards the repairs.

I havent heard from him since!

Rear Park sensors from Sextons are £250 fitted in the bumper. I found the Nissan standard ones to be too flimsy. From sextons you need the 2 sensor kit because the wire splitting the 4 sensor kit is too short, 2 only leave a tiny blind spot.

·
Registered
202 Posts
sailor said:
Just after i got my truck, a bloke who'd been annoying me for a good while parked inches away from my rear bumper. When i came back he said, "I hear the steering lock on those things is pretty shocking, i'll give you £20 if you get out of there," and laughed to his mates.

I put the truck in reverse, put my towbar right through his plastic bumper and pushed him back 30 feet!! I told him he could put the £20 towards the repairs.

Rear Park sensors from Sextons are £250 fitted in the bumper. I found the Nissan standard ones to be too flimsy. From sextons you need the 2 sensor kit because the wire splitting the 4 sensor kit is too short, 2 only leave a tiny blind spot.
Surely breaking his nose would have been more pleasureable?

·
Registered
21 Posts
att said:
sailor said:

Surely breaking his nose would have been more pleasureable?

Only if your arm doesn’t get snapped in the attempt! :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.