Nissan-Navara.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there, my name is lucian, im 34 years old, married, 2 kids, currently working in software industry. i own a D22 since nov 2005. i got my off road addiction from my previous job (gsm maintenance.engineer) where i first met the old reliable offroad legends: L200 and 2doors pajero.
i chosed D22 because is a bit much economic and powerfull than L200 but now somehow i regret this choice. D22 is fairly good but doesnt give u the macho feeling u get ridding L200.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome to the madhouse mate.

i chosed D22 because is a bit much economic and powerfull than L200 but now somehow i regret this choice. D22 is fairly good but doesnt give u the macho feeling u get ridding L200.
That kind of talk can put you in hot water around here mate. You are obviously not spending enough time with your Nav.

The times I have been in a L200 has left me with a number of feelings, but I can't describe any of them as macho. The latest L200 even looks as if it was designed by a girl...

The Nav (D22, D23 or D40) was, is and will remain the boss... :wink:

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Superdawie said:
Welcome to the madhouse mate.

Seconded - I bloody love mine, out with the L200 boys at the weekend there was 3 black L200's in front 1 Silver Navara (Me) then 3 Black L200's at the rear.
I became known as El Presidente as it looked like a cavalcade from the states - felt real macho I have to say

Enjoy the truck Bud therrrrrre Grrrrrreat (as a fairly famous tiger once said)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The times I have been in a L200 has left me with a number of feelings, but I can't describe any of them as macho. The latest L200 even looks as if it was designed by a girl...

i totally agree that 2006 version of L200 is a big pussy at least from design point of view. i didnt had the chance to ride this latest L200 but i smell that its offroad performance are ****** up as well as the look appearance was. but previous versions of L200 are big milestones for truck history. i think nobody can deny this.
this also apply for hilux. the latest model looks pussy as well.
and the same apply to nissan as well except that d40 is not looking like a pussy (it is just simply ugly) but it performs like a pussy on offroad.

therefore none of the latest trucks are no longer real offroaders.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
charlie_root said:

i totally agree that 2006 version of L200 is a big pussy at least from design point of view. i didnt had the chance to ride this latest L200 but i smell that its offroad performance are ****** up as well as the look appearance was. but previous versions of L200 are big milestones for truck history. i think nobody can deny this.
this also apply for hilux. the latest model looks pussy as well.
and the same apply to nissan as well except that d40 is not looking like a pussy (it is just simply ugly) but it performs like a pussy on offroad.

therefore none of the latest trucks are no longer real offroaders.
Some brave words there Bud
I'm sure some of the D40 boys will be along in a minute to let you have their view on things
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im glad i had a humble contribution to your entertainment :D
im curious which is the most macho truck u had the chance to ride?
and how would you describe L200 using just a single word?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no, my company is a small player in this industry. we provide outsourcing services for few clients from uk and france. and im the only one offroad addicted in this tiny company.

·
Registered
202 Posts
charlie_root said:
im glad i had a humble contribution to your entertainment :D
im curious which is the most macho truck u had the chance to ride?
Most macho truck....

[/img]

:lol: :lol: ....It was a Reo M35A2 10 litre Continental Turbo whistler diesel.
Mucho fun off road for a 10 ton truck and a nice front winch. to pull you out when you really get stuck.....Trouble is trees do move :wink:

L200 in a single word......Small :lol:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oky doky buddy but this monster is completely out of the league we are discussing here.
it is impressive i have to admit but totaly out of our league. in this league (where d22, d40 are coming) even america's dodges doesnt fit the profile. we are talking about toys here not nuclear weapons.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here is my humble 05 d22:
http://www.nissan-navara.net/uploads/ch ... my_d22.jpg

i really dont like this face of d22. i much much preffer the previous one.
i bought it because i needed a basic rude workhorse and at that time i thought is a good compromise. i didnt liked hilux due to the fact it has the middle differential so ******* exposed.
i had problems many times with my employer's hilux hiting it to the ground due to this stupid exposure. that was the only reason i didnt got a hilux for my own.

anyway, now once i have this 05 d22 is it possible to change the front side with the one from previous d22 model ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
owww dude, it is so ******* far away from nice!!! nissan design was always a ****. d22 is just an average compromise. and the big problem is that the engine seems to blow around 100k. which is definitely not nice. i strongly suggest u chose another brand, toyota or mitsi.
im glad we are at least 2 here from wild romania.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I heard someone describe the new L200 'looking like a tadpole with a stick shoved up its ****!'
:shock:
Made me laff! :lol:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think i mentioned that all the new models from all brands are pussy style (that includes d40, new l200 and new hilux as well), therefore we are not paying attetnion on them here. focus on the old models dude.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok, period is 1998-2003. Give me the best shot, Hilux, Navara or L200? Or maybe I'll stick to Land Rover Defender 130?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.