Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...
I've been looking through various websites ect trying to get some information on green laning/ light off roading to use the truck as I feel it was made for.
The problem is its all a big secret and the last time I went with a company on a tour it was all a bit rushed and I felt a bit lost.
Would any folks be interested in trying to organise a trip around the Yorkshire areas as there must be plenty to go at?
I suppose what I'm asking is there any members in the group who would take there time to show me around the tracks?
My truck just sits in the garage most of the time and I'd love to get out and use it.
Lee

·
Registered
15 Posts
The same goes for me, haven’t got mine yet lol but would love to meet up with owners in the local area to swap advice and general chit chat

·
Administrator
11,909 Posts
It terms of green laning, we got stiffed by the landowner NERC* bill which fraudulently removed the vehicular rights from RUPPs (Roads used as Public Paths). The resulting traffic on the remaining routes has meant that Green Lanes are massively under pressure.

A long winded way of saying that Play n Plays are a much better option.

* this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suppose the main thing I'd like to know... And this may be obvious for most people, but is there any key things to look for when deciding if a green lane is still in use and if it is a green lane in the first place! I used to have a defender before I got the Nav and did use it on quite a few pay and play days, but they seem very harsh these days and I use the nav for towing our caravan so the missus wouldn't take to well to me making a mess of it.. Can anyone recommend a good pay and play that has different types of terrain, not just deep wading puddles and sections that dent every panel? 🤔

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
This is where the member's map should come into it's own. However, we've not yet for many pay & play centres or green lanes logged on there yet. Just a few.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and mistakes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Always wanted to go and see Australia, high up on the bucket list.. Only problem is I haven't seen enough of our little island yet!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I suppose the main thing I'd like to know... And this may be obvious for most people, but is there any key things to look for when deciding if a green lane is still in use and if it is a green lane in the first place! I used to have a defender before I got the Nav and did use it on quite a few pay and play days, but they seem very harsh these days and I use the nav for towing our caravan so the missus wouldn't take to well to me making a mess of it.. Can anyone recommend a good pay and play that has different types of terrain, not just deep wading puddles and sections that dent every panel? 🤔
Ok
you cannot drive on a "green Lane" as you put it but you are allowed to drive on a B.O.A.T (Byway Open to ALL Traffic) these are clearly marked on any O.S map. The lane will also have a sign indicating what it is at either end. Some BoatS have restrictions put on them at certain times of the year , this will also be sign posted.
Personally I wouldn't take a Navara on one as they aint man enough for most of them but its your car

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Diver!
I need to look out for an OS map then that's fairly recent, as I'm guessing these get closed off at an alarming rate, it's a shame really but the odd few users do ruin it for the next ones..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks Diver!
I need to look out for an OS map then that's fairly recent, as I'm guessing these get closed off at an alarming rate, it's a shame really but the odd few users do ruin it for the next ones..
No quite the opposite , its very unusual for these lanes to get closed, in fact quite the opposite, Oh should have mentioned that you need to be taxed , Insured and road worthy, BOATS in reality are just un-tarmaccked roads

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Off-topic content removed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts