Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have an overheating issue.

Had work done on the AC and Clutch a little while back a couple of months after we have run into an overheating issue.

It will cruise for aprox 20 minutes then rapidly climb into the red or soon as you take it over 100kmh it does the same cutting back on speed drops it out of the red.

I have replaced the thermostat
I have replaced the radiator
I don't believe it is the head or gasket

What I do notice is that there seems to be no flow through the radiator system (the hoses just don't feel like they are getting hot water traveling through them).

Has anyone had problems with the water pumps on these and if so how much of a prick is it to change them out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Steve

·
Administrator
14,910 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have an overheating issue.

Had work done on the AC and Clutch a little while back a couple of months after we have run into an overheating issue.

It will cruise for aprox 20 minutes then rapidly climb into the red or soon as you take it over 100kmh it does the same cutting back on speed drops it out of the red.

I have replaced the thermostat
I have replaced the radiator
I don't believe it is the head or gasket

What I do notice is that there seems to be no flow through the radiator system (the hoses just don't feel like they are getting hot water traveling through them).

Has anyone had problems with the water pumps on these and if so how much of a prick is it to change them out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Steve
Welcome along Steve.
The water pump is easy, I can't remember if the alternator had to come off, but apart from belt removal it is straightforward.

I have a vague memory of somebody having a snapped shaft on one once.

I presume you have bled the system?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds a bit like an air lock in the system are the heaters working correctly
Hey Geoff sorry for the late reply but it's been a ** couple of month's.

Nope no heater so could be a air lock but with that being said we replaced everything (apart from the water pump) bleed the system (nose up hill expansion cap off idle 20 minutes) and still no luck.

Anything over 100km an hour or the old girls under load and it's instantly into the red.

Kinda leaning towards a bad head or gasket but who knows!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah brand new radiator, thermostat etc. pretty sure it's going to be the head in some way or another (even though the chemical test for combustion gases was negative)!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts