Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
34145DF0-B801-4728-9DB4-0FAC707C77F1.jpeg
After 200 miles I figure it’s time to introduce my truck , 61 plate V6 Outlaw in silver with matching snug top , 135,000 miles (give or take a few) upon purchase , collected it on the 4th July . Some may think that the mileage is too high but
a: it’s had one owner from new who was/is a rep for a paper company and the overall condition shows that it hasn’t led a hard life , it doesn’t even have a tow bar ! , He swapped it in for a 12 month old merc x class ???( the rebadged Nav) .
b: I don’t think mileage matters as much as overall condition, service history(it has a full history , initially Nissan and subsequently his local garage that services all their vehicles ) etc . The first thing I inspected when I first viewed the truck was the rot spots on the chassis which are all fine 👌🏻
c: the price was right ! It had the Vat on top but I’m vat registered so no worry.
d: my trip to work is 10 miles each way on varied roads , sometimes 7 days a week , sometimes none (I drive tractors for my day job , very seasonal ) which along with the odd trip to market and/or trips delivering piglets to farms with the trailer and fortnightly trips to the corn merchant mean my annual mileage is quite low .
e: I’m a fan of french diesels , they just run and run , like my mate said “ 130,000 , that’s just run in “
Purchased from a dealer in Pudsey , Leeds , was supposed to have 12 months mot but the dealer “forgot “ to get it done 🙄, I have to take it back soon for the mot as I argued the point with him when I picked it up , upon viewing the eml was on , this was rectified before collection , supposedly with a new egr valve but it’s that hard to see I don’t know for certain that this was done and I haven’t really had time to look ! The dealer told me the garage were going to take the gearbox out to access the egr (possibly trying to impress me ?) which after a quick check on here I quickly put a stop to , I checked nothing had been disturbed re the gearbox before leaving the forecourt with it !! It also received new parking sensors in the front bumper which I have subsequently discovered don’t actually work , another job for them to sort !
Everything other than the snug top is standard which I would rather buy instead of something that has been messed with , I looked at a V6 in Dewsbury that had been done up like some kind of surfers truck 🤮.
Future plans include cleaning/painting and (attempting to) rust proofing the chassis , I’m going to take the pick up bed off to do this and will get it done before winter , all terrain tyres before winter comes , probably bfg’s , a heavy duty rear bumper with a removable tow hitch incorporated into it and a proper roof rack that can take ladders , gates etc etc, both of those I will be making myself .servicing will be done by me , I’m getting a hoist in my workshop soon as I’ve had enough of laying on my back or working from my knees .
Think that’s it for now .
Oh wait , so it’s lovely to drive , really smooth and powerful, the engine sounds lovely , the interior is a very nice place to be , Hilux’s, L200’s etc had no chance once I’d driven this and I wouldn’t even look at a Ranger .
I took my cousin for a run in it , he drives a 57 plate 2.5 Hilux hl2 which to be fair has been a really good truck BUT he was blown away by the interior of the Nav and even more blown away when I showed him just how fast it is (for a big lump) . So that’s it for now , hopefully many many years of happy ownership are to follow 🤞🏻
34145DF0-B801-4728-9DB4-0FAC707C77F1.jpeg

·
Administrator
4,894 Posts
Nice looking truck! And welcome to the site! 130k is nothing for these motors!
As a fellow leeds lad I'd be interested which dealer you got it from?
If I were you I'd think about having it remapped though! You'll thank me for it later lol
Looking at the houses in the background of your pic I'm thinking your Morley area?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vanstar in Stanningley , not Pudsey 🤦🏼‍♂️DOH !
As for the horrendous identikit houses in the background, I can see why you’re thinking Morley as they all look the same wherever you are but no , I’m in Holmfirth t’other side of Huddersfield and those monstrosities have just been built behind me 😡

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
Nice intro!

I've been driving one since 2016, also has 135k on the clock. They are great to drive compared to most other pickups, I've not driven the x350, I guess that is pretty good too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice intro!

I've been driving one since 2016, also has 135k on the clock. They are great to drive compared to most other pickups, I've not driven the x350, I guess that is pretty good too.
Believe me I could type for hours about the motors I’ve had , good and bad , so far the Outlaw is by far my favourite, .

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
Believe me I could type for hours about the motors I’ve had , good and bad , so far the Outlaw is by far my favourite, .
I've also got an Infiniti with the same engine. It feels a bit quicker, probably because the pedal travel is shorter.

What is noticeable is the amount of torque, squeeze the throttle and it just gathers speed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts