Nissan-Navara.net banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Managed to get hold of a copy and came across this saying the EGT is in the exhaust manifold:

This contradicts what the part is described as being an "intake air temperature sensor". Is this an error? Would the intake temperature sensor not be part of the MAF?

So is the first "exhaust gas temperature sensor" actually the one in the manifold and have part number 226305X00A, which would also fit with what ed said earlier?

OR is it the first EGT sensor in the exhaust system before the catalyst a shown here?

Does anyone know?

TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi, sorry, rarely log in now. I can confirm that the part I fitted definitely resolved the issue - it may be described as an inlet temperature sensor but it's definitely in the exhaust line. 22630-5X00D was the correct part, an upgrade to the original 22630-5X00A and not what was listed in the official database for my vehicle, being in that Euro5-but-no-DPF category.

I suspect as an answer to the post that the sensor is also used (elsewhere) as an inlet temperature sensor, hence the description.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
SOLVED!

Following the advice from ed_g (Many thanks for that fella!) and the bits of info gleaned from the shop manual I changed the sensor in the manifold - 22630-5X00D and that fixed the P0546 issue. The original sensor had a bit of carbon build-up.

Now have no fault codes so to summarise, both P0409 and P0546 were separate faults but both caused by an excess of carbon build-up which may or may not have had something to do with the blanking plate.

Thank you to everyone who helped me out with these issues!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts