Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using Philips extreme racing +150% headlight bulbs? Just ordered a set and was wondering how good they are. Currently have the +130% bulbs fitted ( well 1 now as the other had given up the ghost) and have been happy with them so far but came across the new 150's on autobulbs website

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
They work well (tried on another vehicle) but they do seem to need replacing more more often than ordinary bulbs. I think they are more prone to shock and vibration as the filaments are thinner and very stressed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing that's what has happened to the ones that are fitted as the glass part of the bulb has come away and is currently rattling around in my headlight. I've had them fitted for 18 months so it's not all bad

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's why I don't mind spending another 30 quid if they last as long as the last set. A lot of my driving is early hours

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got the +130% bulbs in mine & really pleased with the improvement. Reading the Auto express review don't think I would upgrade for what they say is a only a slightly brighter bulb & around half the life span. Eurocarparts had the +130% bulbs with white sidelight bulbs & a free watch a while ago. The watch wasn't a lot of use though, Strap is that small it wouldn't even go over my :censored:. Great bulbs though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't fault the +130's they've worked really well for me until this week. Only going for the +150 as they claim to give further whiter light which is a big plus for me as I do a lot of early morning countryside miles

·
Registered
83 Posts
Let us know what you think when you've fitted them. Do plenty of miles myself on back roads so be interested so see how you get on.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I also have the +130 on mine and I'm very happy with them. Have them almost a year now and they work fine. I also took them because I do early drives in the dark so a little extra light is a welcoming gift.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts