Nissan-Navara.net banner

Phone connection woes

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  GaryMonster 
#1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals
ive recently got a new n guard and am having issues with the Bluetooth phone connection, well it’s the phone book really, the phone automatically connects fine and does work but my phone book is always empty, I’ve deleted the phone and reconnected several times and it automatically downloads the phone book with no problem, but every Time I restart the truck the phone book is empty, all the recent calls are there as are the quick dial numbers.
any Helpfull info will be appreciated
thansk
Harvey

#4 ·
thanks for the replies
Landmannn,
yes the phone Is enabled to share contacts and it works fine in other vehicles and in my previous Navara all Was good

mrw27,
it’s a iphone XR, Yes and I can make and recieve calls When driving, the quick call numbers work, and the call history is all fine and accessable, it’s just the phone book that’s completely empty.

#5 ·
This would have possibly been easier to diagnose if there were issues to more areas of the prospective connection. Since you are only losing that particular list, makes it point to a software bug; most likely to be in the phone.

Do your other lists update fine, showing calls made/received whilst away from the truck?

Since you have an Apple based phone, are you running the latest update, or have you recently updated?

And you have thoroughly checked all the Bluetooth settings in your phone under the small blue icon with "i" inside? Groups etc? Settings > Bluetooth > My Devices > Your Truck > blue "i"

Maybe someone will know of truck based settings which pertain to that particular list, but it's something I'm not aware of.

#8 ·
Thanks Guys.
ive 3 other vehicles and the phone is working perfectly on all of them, I’m certain Nissan have taken a backwards step with this connect system, unfortunately this will be my last Navara, compared to my outlaw This vehicle is ****, I had it 14 weeks and am very underwhelmed with it. It’s very cheaply built, totally gutless, the audio system is very poor.
on a positive though, the ride is way better, the brakes actually work , And the lights are excellent compared to my previous Navs

#10 ·
For me, there is nothing stronger, more solid and reliable than a well maintained D40.

I've owned a D23, owned many HiLux (and still drive a '19 one), driven dozens of L200s and Rangers new and old, still drive an Amarok on occasions. Most have some good strong points. But out of all the new trucks I prefer the D23. But at this moment in time I prefer to own/run two D40s, and as soon as possible that will become three when I add the V6, then sell one others of course.

All new trucks are cheaply built, it's a sad fact and it's only destined to get worse. Promise you this though, D23 is the best you'll get under 5 years old.

I do hope you get your phone issue sorted out.

#11 ·
Hi Guys and Gals
ive recently got a new n guard and am having issues with the Bluetooth phone connection, well it’s the phone book really, the phone automatically connects fine and does work but my phone book is always empty, I’ve deleted the phone and reconnected several times and it automatically downloads the phone book with no problem, but every Time I restart the truck the phone book is empty, all the recent calls are there as are the quick dial numbers.
thansk
Harvey
Haven’t had any issues with mine, 2016 NP300 D23, also using an iPhone XR.

I did share contacts, and permissions as requested when I connected. Also have the “Nissan Connect” App if that helps. For me, anytime I’ve had an issue like that on other devices, I’ll delete the phone out of the system (in this case Navara) and then restart the phone.

#12 ·
Thanks NAT990
i will restart my phone tomorrow as that is something I’ve not done. I do delete the phone from the truck and the truck from the phone everyday And then reinstall it as it’s the only way I can access my phone contacts.
i will be speaking with the stealer this week about it.

#13 ·
Thanks NAT990
i will restart my phone tomorrow as that is something I’ve not done. I do delete the phone from the truck and the truck from the phone everyday And then reinstall it as it’s the only way I can access my phone contacts.
i will be speaking with the stealer this week about it.
Give the restart a try, and see what happens.
That seems to solve most issues I have.

#14 ·
Hi Guys and Gals
thansk
Harvey
m
Hi Guys and Gals
thansk
Harvey
Hi Guys and Gals
thansk
Harvey
My 2020 is doing the same thing more or less, iPhone 11 Pro. I download the phone book but nothing shows. Yet can see recent call logs.
I’ll try removing phone and re-adding, but I’ve also had the connect completely drop out and reboot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.